Hi everybody

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Isherwood

Hi everybody

Post by Isherwood »

Firstly thank you for letting me join.

A bit about myself. I’m 38, married & living in Essex.
My interest in preparedness has been in the making for quite a few years & stems from my career in the security & risk prevention field, which I’ve done for just over 16 years. I’m probably your closet ‘prepper’ if I had to put a label to it in that I store some extra food, water & supplies but don’t advertise the fact.

As for what I see as being the risks, my main things are probably financial collapse, a ‘grid down’ scenario or a pandemic of some sort.

I don’t have any particular specialty but suppose I’m a bit of a jack of all trades?

Any questions don’t hesitate to ask & thanks again.
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Hi everybody

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Welcome to the forum.... You will find most of us here are on the more reserved side of prepping none of us have a home made nuclear bunker or are preparing for a alien invasion :tinfoil
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:29 pm Welcome to the forum.... You will find most of us here are on the more reserved side of prepping none of us have a home made nuclear bunker or are preparing for a alien invasion :tinfoil
Hey you, you speak for yourself. :lol:

Welcome to the forum Isherwood, hope you find it a useful resource, I have. As Andy says, most of us err on the discreet side.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum, Isherwood, hope you find it useful. There are no aliens here either :mrgreen:

We don't *talk* about preparedness for pandemics all that much, but they're certainly at the forefront of our minds, I think.
Bijela

Post by Bijela »

Welcome, and get stuck in :D
Isherwood

Post by Isherwood »

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the welcome. Apologies I’ve not been on since but, as is always the way, there was a huge change in home circumstances so I’ve just not had a chance.

However, I’m here now & really look forward to catching up.