Reporting in

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
MacTiré

Reporting in

Post by MacTiré »

Hey all, just joined the forum. I’ve been on the periphery of prepping for a while but I’m now starting to get it together.

I live in the heart of a big city so I’m limited in terms of how far I can bug out, so looking to get as resilient as I can in my own location first.
Got a lot of the ‘theory’ down and I’m realistic about my chances, but so far a lot of my ‘prep’ has been planning for various situations. Now I’m looking to back that up with physical preparedness.

I was out a few weeks back with a good mate doing some off-grid camping, and was surprised by how difficult it was to do some of the things in the real world that I’d found easy when practicing them at home in controlled situations.
So that was a bit of a wake-up call.

I’m fairly fit, smart and quick to learn, mentally resilient and I’m open to any suggestions, advice and experience this forum might be able to offer.

Looking forward to getting involved and contributing, pleased to meet yous all.
pseudonym

Re: Reporting in

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome!
MacTiré wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:14 pmI live in the heart of a big city so I’m limited in terms of how far I can bug out, so looking to get as resilient as I can in my own location first.
I think you'll find that improving your situation where you are is the option of choice for most of us.
I was out a few weeks back with a good mate doing some off-grid camping, and was surprised by how difficult it was to do some of the things in the real world that I’d found easy when practicing them at home in controlled situations.
So that was a bit of a wake-up call.
Thats very interesting! And you can only know that by *doing*.
I’m fairly fit, smart and quick to learn, mentally resilient and I’m open to any suggestions, advice and experience this forum might be able to offer.

Looking forward to getting involved and contributing, pleased to meet yous all.
What are you preparing for, in particular?
MacTiré

Post by MacTiré »

I’m looking to generally be as prepared for anything as I can be.
Likely situations would be things like food shortages or power outages which could come post-Brexit, for example, or a serious financial collapse or malicious cyber attack or similar, and any sort of low-level public order issues that would result.

In any serious SHTF scenario resulting in serious or significant disruption I’d need to rely on myself and batten down the hatches, so I’ll need to be able to ride it out as best I can from home.

If possible I’d be looking to get out of town completely if there was likely to be widespread breakdown of law and order, as I’m not in a secure place (terraced house in a run-down area of a deprived part of a crowded city).
But that’s all academic, I’m starting from scratch so I’ll get the basics down first.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the place useful.