Hi

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Aa_Logan

Hi

Post by Aa_Logan »

I’ve been lurking for a while, thought I’d start posting.

I’m not quite in Manchester. Not sure if I’m a prepper or a hoarder, really.
Deeps

Re: Hi

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I wouldn't get too bogged down with labels, I don't define myself as a 'prepper' but its an easy term to use here. I'm definitely a hoarder though. :D
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum :)

What are you focussing on hoarding right now? :mrgreen:
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

Welcome, I'm fairly new here too.
There is loads of info so have a dig around!
Outdoorsy

Post by Outdoorsy »

Welcome! I was lurking for a while and have learnt loads from this forum. What are you prepping/hoarding for?
Aa_Logan

Post by Aa_Logan »

I horde toy soldiers, mainly.

There’re of little practical use, however. At least I’ll have something to keep myself occupied in the aftermath of something horrible.

I like food and have always tried to have more than I need in the immediate future- my stockpiling paid off earlier this year with a double whammy of the snow and illness prevented leaving the house for any length of time for the best part of a fortnight.

I used to envision having enough ‘in’ to survive an apocalyptic SHTF scenario, but that is improbable and wouldn’t be much fun.

I think my main prepping focus is making sure I can cope with the food shortages and supply-chain disruptions that I can’t help but feel are inevitable. Whatever I can do to keep life as comfortable as possible for as long as possible.

Which, as I type it, seems a bit bleak.

:|
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Aa_Logan wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:20 pm I horde toy soldiers, mainly.

There’re of little practical use,
Could you melt them down to make bullets? Sorry couldn't resist, I'm sure anyone who collects anything must love it enough not to want to do that to it :lol:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.