Hello from Edinburgh

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Dave999

Hello from Edinburgh

Post by Dave999 »

Hello,

I've just joined, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm an Englishman living in Edinburgh.
I've dabbled in prepping before, made a 'get home bag' etc. I sort of fell out of it due to having a very busy life but know
I'm starting to get back into it again. Going to get a 'get home bag' sorted and some kit in my car.

I've signed up to find some advice and hopefully share my own experiences.
Deeps

Re: Hello from Edinburgh

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum Dave, hope you find plenty of useful stuff here. What sort of things are you prepping for, its a pretty broad subject, if you're Murrayfield adjacent, I'd guess flooding will be high on your list. ;)

Enjoy the process though mate, that always makes it easier, whatever you're doing.
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

Thanks for the warm welcome. Not Murray field, I'm in Corstorphine.

I've not got any 'doomsday' theories, I just want to be a bit more prepared generally, whether it be food, water shortages or general unrest.

I need to sort some emergency kit/get home bag for the car as I work away from home a lot. This will be my first task. Then maybe building up some supplies at home and improving my skills.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Know Corstophine well, lived all over Edinburgh, stayed up at Clermie for a while too.

I see you've dipped your toe in with your Rat pack thread, good drills, have a look at the GHB threads, as for storage at home, its just a case of slowly building it up, I don't know your situation but just keep adding stuff that you eat and has a good shelf life to your stores. Water, well just get containers (whether its purpose bought large containers or 2L juice bottles is up to you) and start filling them. Think about meds and lighting/cooking redundancy too. Take your time though and do your research, figure out what works for you mate.
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

Great.
Thanks for the info.
Yeah going to sort some food an water storage along with cooking options.
I think I'm going to look into a basic rain water catchment system so I can harvest rainwater and make it safe to drink.

Going to start with a get home bag, car emergency kit, then focus on the house.