Hello everybody

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words

Hello everybody

Post by Post »

Hi folks,

I’ve been prepping for a couple of years now, just stepping it up in recent weeks with everything going on in the world. I thought I’d create an account to try and get more hints and tips and speak to the guys in the prepped community rather than watching from he touchline.

Cheers,

Deeps

Re: Hello everybody

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, what kind of situations do you anticipate having to prep for ? Prepping is a pretty broad subject.

Post by Post »

Hi mate.

Mostly prepping for Brexit, I’m anticipating food shortages. You know how quick the bread flies off the shelf when it snows, I can see similar things happening throughout the whole of 2019. Let’s hope not though.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Sounds sensible enough. :)

Welcome to the site, its a great resource.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"

Post by Post »

Cheers
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Yup, welcome in :) In relation to Brexit, anything that comes mostly from the EU could have a supply hiccup - olive oil and tomato puree are the big ones for me!

Post by Post »

Brexit is just the highest priority at the moment for me, it could have a massive knock on effect too.

Trade tariff difficulties resulting in higher priced food, lorries blocked at the ports, job losses etc. Lack of medicines, car parts, oil/fuel shortages. It will start in London with riots (Just local thugs using it as an excuse to cause carnage) which will spread to other cities like 2011, supermarkets looted, people panic buying etc.

I’m making sure I’ve got enough food, water, medicine, fuel for the 3-6 months either side of Brexit.

Also, I see the pound devalued massively but not hyperinflation. It would be a good idea to change any money into US dollars and Euros as back up.

I do plan for other things but the collapse of Western civilisation will happen over 100 years not overnight (It’s already started IMO).