Hey from fife Scotland!

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Scottish-prepper

Hey from fife Scotland!

Post by Scottish-prepper »

Hey folks, been prepping for a couple of years. Got bob/ghb for each me and my fiancé in the boot of the car. In the house we have a couple of crossbows, swords, axes, knifes, tools, a couple of months food and water.

Next steps for us are setting up sustainability for worse case scenario, after SHTF event where society unravels and doesn’t rebuild quickly. So renewable energy source, large water filtration device (we have a 1000l one in bob/ghb), also maybe start a vegetable garden. I hate gardening but feel it’s a good idea.

Anyone wants to chat or share tips, that would be cool. Especially if anyone is nearby as I love the idea of being able to have likeminded friends to cooperate with after SHTF.
Deeps

Re: Hey from fife Scotland!

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, hope you find it useful. Not too sure what you want swords for, they're pretty much designed for one purpose and we steer clear of discussing weapons on here.

Have a nose around and see what catches your eye, loads of interesting stuff.
Scottish-prepper

Home defence in a post society breakdown scenario. If you have stuff, unprepared people are going to want to take it from you. No point saving up supplies over years to have someone come take it all off you 7 days after SHTF. Point taken though.

Looks like a good site. Think I will be on here to stay.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Welcome.As Deeps pointed out; We don't discuss weapons,or illegal activities here.Have a look around and enjoy.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum. A GHB is so important, isn't it - and not just for EMP and stuff - I bet a lot of people travelling in the Midlands this weekend would have been glad of having the comforts of a ghb bag, with roads in gridlock after the lightning.

And I'm afraid growing vegetables is the way to go, yes :mrgreen:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :D
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Scottish-prepper

Thanks for the welcome folks, looking at tryouts my to figure out a low maintenance vegetable patch to start with, maybe some strawberries too. Realistically that’s going to be a project kicking off next spring as it’s likely we will be buying another house and moving before then.

Also interested in learning what wild plants you can eat. Plenty open country around here. Foraging and hunting would be preferable to farming after SHTF but a bit of both is probably the way to go. Considering taking training for that. Believe a few courses on wild food and survival camping are run up Perthshire in the National Park.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Foraging is also the way to go :) as well as growing veg. It's much more fun too :)
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Hi and welcome from a teuchter up the hills in the Borders :mrgreen:
Scottish-prepper

Hey lil, thanks!