Hi from Bury UK

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
TDFPTAH

Hi from Bury UK

Post by TDFPTAH »

Hi Folks,

Ptah here. Recently decided to try out a new adventure and ended up on an Urban survival course in Croatia for a week. I then came to the conclusion that playing around with being a "prepper" might give me another excuse to buy more "stuff" :D.
jansman

Re: Hi from Bury UK

Post by jansman »

Welcome. What areas of prepping interest you? What are your personal concerns?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
TDFPTAH

Post by TDFPTAH »

Hi Jansman,

My aim is to approach the prepper mentality with more of a fun hobby angle rather than getting too serious. I recently went on an Urban survival course in Croatia with Trueways and found it interesting psychologically. I've done allot of outdoor pursuits over the years and like being capable so the learning aspect of urban survival certainly appeals. I'm not looking into any real concerns at present. I suppose my plan is to enjoy learning about it without getting paranoid and "if" SHTF anything I've learned will hopefully come in handy.

I'm going the the Bushcraft Show next weekend too :D

After being on the course I've learned t respect peoples privacy more so but would be interested in finding out if anyone lives nearby. Would appreciate your thoughts on that.

Mild chuckle that SHTF stills comes up as a typo on a prepper forum lol. Eh up, so does "prepper" he he.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.:)

There's a lot of crossover amongst Forums/ hobbies, hope you find what you're looking for.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Hi and welcome. I find being "capable" in any situation really makes me feel good :mrgreen:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome Ptah.

Yep, capability rocks. And so does playing around. Preparedness can mean you can *keep* on playing around when there's a bit of a problem :)