Hello from Devon

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
kh6

Re: Hello from Devon

Post by kh6 »

korolev wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:21 am
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 7:41 am Least that new road past Newton abbot makes traffic flow better ;)

Ohhh trago mills ;)
I used to think I was working class (single parent mum, struggled to make ends meet), then I went to Trago Mills....
Trago Mills definitely does seem to attract strange people. Whenever I've gone, I always expect to leave with something as there's so much, but never do as it's all so cheap and crappy. Maybe some fishing stuff once.
kh6

Post by kh6 »

Plymtom wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:53 am I'm down in the corner in Plymouth, but I go out to play near Newton Abbot regularly, I'm not too worried about WW3 TBH, bad weather is a concern as you say, but for most if us a little preparation gets us through it, the trick is being sufficiently stocked to not have to go out at all, luckily the way the weather fell my essentials shopping fell the day before the panic that the beast from the east created and before the rush on round two, the shelves were emptying and you could feel the desperation of some people.
I wasn't worried I could make bread, use powdered milk, and leave the car on the doorstep and walk to town to do anything which had to be done ( not that it did ) living in a city has mostly cons for a prepper, but there are one or two pros.
So how long are you going to prep for bad weather for two weeks, a month? If next winter goes the same way I take it this year taught you where your shortcomings were?
It's the weather that's going to be the problem over the coming couple of decades IMO. I am prepping for at least a 6 month situation where problems will compound over that time. I think next year is when the weather gets really bad and more of what we saw down in Devon with the snow in Spring starts to happen more frequently. Some forecasts estimate a 400% rise in food prices at around 2025.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

kh6 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 7:48 pm
korolev wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:21 am
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 7:41 am Least that new road past Newton abbot makes traffic flow better ;)

Ohhh trago mills ;)
I used to think I was working class (single parent mum, struggled to make ends meet), then I went to Trago Mills....
Trago Mills definitely does seem to attract strange people. Whenever I've gone, I always expect to leave with something as there's so much, but never do as it's all so cheap and crappy. Maybe some fishing stuff once.
Must admit last time we went 2 years back we bought nothing in the past the stuff they stocked was much better (like most other shops)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Hi and welcome - I've always wanted to live on Dartmoor :mrgreen: