New original German now in Northern Ireland

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Loykymar

New original German now in Northern Ireland

Post by Loykymar »

New to here but not new to prepping.

I've started 15 years back in Germany to prep for a power shortcut scenario which happend quite often but only lasted max a couple of hours. But what happens if not? So I started prepping. After my divorce I just lived day by day in my small flat and somehow totally ignored my prepping.

Now living in Northern Ireland with a new wife and kids I just realized I nearly forgot all my previous preps. So I started again from scratch.

So far I have to say I'm not really organized, unfortunately!!! Still just some kind of essentials like soaps, water bottels, matches but nothing to survive for long if SHTF.

Here in the UK prepping is different to Germany and the US we don't need to talk about :lol:

Hope to find lot of information and tips on here
It doesn't matter how many resources you have !!!

If you don't know how to use the them, it will never be enough !!!
Deeps

Re: New original German now in Northern Ireland

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, you don't say what kind of stuff you're prepping for but there's stacks of stuff on here (and elsewhere) so have a read and enjoy.
Loykymar

Post by Loykymar »

Ta Deeps,

It would be more or less the same like back in Germany. Electricity failure and snow chaos (2 inches are enough in NI :lol: ) when you can't leave the house or nothing works (electricity) ergo no shops are open to get the essentials. But I might go that far (not yet but you never know) to get prepped for an EMP attack or Cyber attack where we might be cut of electricity for weeks or months. Unfortunately no electricity means, no cooking unless you have enough gas bottles. Gas supplier are reliant on electricity to deliver to your house. No electricity means no shopping. No electricity means no light, TV (PS4/XBox ect), Radio, Petrol ect. ect.

I like to be prepared for the worst case scenario, which doesn't include an nuclear attack as I don't own a bunker, yet lol
It doesn't matter how many resources you have !!!

If you don't know how to use the them, it will never be enough !!!
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum :) certainly, small cyber attacks have already taken place, and its wise to be prepared for them, to the extent of having extra cash safely around the house, having a good stock of food in. Even pure website breakdowns can be a problem - its happening with a UK bank right now, the TSB, I'm seeing a lot of posts about it on financial websites.

Now that you have children, you'll have to add to your preps a bit :) and good luck with that, hope you find lots of info here.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

Welcome to the forum, there's lots of people here who are prepping for the everyday stuff you are, hope you find it useful.
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome to the forum, hope you find lots of ideas here, let us know how it's going.