Hi Im new

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
yorkshirewolf

Re: Hi Im new

Post by yorkshirewolf »

Deeps wrote:Welcome to the forum. Just a heads up, we're not big on the weapons chat and like to keep it all legal. Hope you find the site useful.
welcome to the forum, I think what Deeps was getting at, is that most on the forum don't consider carrying weapons to be a good idea regardless of legality.
There are many ways to deal with a conflict situation and using a weapon - certainly a knife would be a last resort for many.

I've worked in security and ended up in more fights than I care to remember and one thing experience has taught me is that a calm head and a wise mouth does more good than a weapon.
That's personal preference and everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but often the 'if someone came at me I'd do XYZ...' threads end up getting a bit legally unsound for an open forum.

Still, warm welcomes and I'm sure you'll find everyone friendly and helpful :D
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

the cat in the hat wrote:That is just me moaning that we do not have a second amendment. I am not asking any of you to change that for me.
We try and steer clear of the 'heavy' end of politics too. It can lead to people getting a bit nippy. Like I say, have a nose around and get a feel for the site.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Air rifle advice - join a club, you may never have to feed the family with it, but you and the whole family can have an awful lot of fun, and as Jamesey says they are not weapons here, correct anyone who calls them that.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
the cat in the hat

Post by the cat in the hat »

I think as I will be a solitary woman with children I need to plan for many scenarios. I have been stalked for the last two years also so have been able to talk in great depth about legal self defence to the endless stream of policemen and women who have visited me. My stalker has tried to enter my home and although he is currently in prison he will be let out at some point. I certainly do not go looking for trouble but my recent experiences have taught me how vulnerable I am and maybe that is one of the reasons I have been prepping so much lately as it has made me very vigilant, but even before that I would wonder what I would do if the law of the land broke down. I often get a sense of impending doom but now I have at least some preps I feel more in control. I have booked to do some shooting with air rifles and I dont think of them as weapons, for me they come under means of getting sustenance. There are multiple considerations for me though and safety and security are up there at the top. My main way of achieving this would be to find somewhere as remote as possible away from people.