Hi Im new

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
the cat in the hat

Hi Im new

Post by the cat in the hat »

im prepping in the Herefordshire area, I guess I have been prepping for a few years but have ramped it up this year by increasing my food stocks and water stocks. got some containers for diesel and petrol just need to fill them. I have books on foraging and have done a bit. I have a camper so in a shtf situation would have the ability to stay home where I have veg growing and my chickens or pack up in the truck and drive somewhere. I could probably be packed to go in an hour if necessary although I would like to be able to improve this, I am saving up for an air rifle so I would like suggestions on the best for hunting, I would have no problem shooting dinner for my kids, however I am resentful that this shit country does not allow us to carry defensive weapons, I have gone through various SHTF scenarios in my head and have a few different options for places to go in say a tsunami situation or a riot situation, I have two teenage sons and an adult daughter, They do show an interest in what I do my daughter thinks I am nuts and tries to ignore it. Anyway nice to meet you all. Looking forwards to reading others ideas,
Deeps

Re: Hi Im new

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum. Just a heads up, we're not big on the weapons chat and like to keep it all legal. Hope you find the site useful.
the cat in the hat

air rifles are legal
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

the cat in the hat wrote:air rifles are legal

Yeah, we're aware of that. My fellow moderator was just giving you a friendly heads up about weapons chat.

Welcome.
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

the cat in the hat wrote:air rifles are legal
Air rifles are also not weapons, pretty sure the comment from deeps was regarding your comment on defensive weapons.

Plenty of people on here that would be happy to chat about air rifles that are to be used for the intended purposes.
Have a search, there was a thread recently.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
the cat in the hat

Air rifle advice would indeed be useful as I am pretty novice and haven't shot for a few years but am hoping to get back into it and also my teenage sons want to learn. So are there no threads on defence allowed on this forum?
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

the cat in the hat wrote:Air rifle advice would indeed be useful as I am pretty novice and haven't shot for a few years but am hoping to get back into it and also my teenage sons want to learn. So are there no threads on defence allowed on this forum?
Not if it's illegal.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

itsybitsy wrote:
the cat in the hat wrote:Air rifle advice would indeed be useful as I am pretty novice and haven't shot for a few years but am hoping to get back into it and also my teenage sons want to learn. So are there no threads on defence allowed on this forum?
Not if it's illegal.
As Itsy says, we need to keep it legal. Have a read and get the vibe of the forum, you'll see how we 'roll'.
the cat in the hat

That is just me moaning that we do not have a second amendment. I am not asking any of you to change that for me.
unsure

Post by unsure »

hello and welcome .

heres the latest thread on air rifles .

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15407
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .