New prepper in Kent

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Enkidu

New prepper in Kent

Post by Enkidu »

Found this forum from a google search, I wanted to find like minded people in the UK. I did start prepping 8 years ago but stopped as I realised I was too early. Now I think it's time to start again, I want to prepare for a collapse of global economies. Money inflated to zero and complete social collapse when people realise there's no food in supermarkets. I'm thinking I need a bug out place in Kent that I can hike to with family if SHTF to get out the town I'm in.
Deeps

Re: New prepper in Kent

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I'm not that familiar with Kent but the south of England is pretty highly populated, another option would be staying put in a lot of scenarios. Have a nose around the various threads on here, no need to rush your preps but make sure they're right for you and not what others are up to.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

Hey welcome to the forum, what do you mean you started too early ?? I'm not sure you can ever be too early in preparing for a SHTF scenario, the earlier the better.

anyway you'll find lots of interesting and educational stuff here, I'm not familiar with Kent so cant be of any help identifying a bug out location but if you have young children think very carefully before deciding to go wild camping for any extended period of time unless of course your bug out location is planned to be a permanent weather tight structure with the means to grow food etc.
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
korolev

Post by korolev »

Welcome neighbour.

A bug out place in Kent you say ?

Thirty five grand buys you a bunker near Dover (http://uniquepropertybulletin.co.uk/)
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum. As others say, there's plenty to prepare for before complete social collapse comes into play - and preps for the little things will help you ini any case, if the big thing should happen.

Water, for example - right now, my local water main is being replaced. Usually, that means local people are at higher risk of a short term breakdown in supply - so I've upped my stored water.

Hope you find lots of stuff that's relevant to you.
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome to the forum. I too would suggest you take your time before spending loads of money on stuff you'll never use. Buy food you eat anyway just more of it and get an alternative water supply sorted, even if it's only catching rainwater. By prepping for personal stuff, lots of threads on that, you're half way there for bigger events. By the time you've got that sorted, you'll have a better idea of how you want to deal with more widespread events like the senario you mentioned and hopefully had time to read many posts here that will help you achieve that. Good luck with whichever route you decide to take.
Enkidu

Post by Enkidu »

Thanks for all the replies, sorry had to re-write this message. :oops:

I have already been prepping Gold and Silver with FIAT notes for immediate use. Next on my list is a water filter, then a crossbow as that's probably the best I can legally own in the UK and plenty of food. My brother tells me rice and tins of fish and fruit are best to store.