hi from wales

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
jenny1

hi from wales

Post by jenny1 »

Hi all.

newly into "prepping". I recent ly had an short illness and had nothing in the house, so I thought I should look into doing it properly!
Deeps

Re: hi from wales

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, what kind of things do you intend to prep for ?
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Hiya and welcome - its amazing how often a personal event/crisis can you to think about how to be more prepared or self reliant! This forum is a mine of information to help with that.
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
jansman

Post by jansman »

Welcome.It was a serious injury and no fall- back position that led me to prepping.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jenny1

Post by jenny1 »

Hi, I've got bad knees and I couldn't walk properly for a week and after that it was difficult. When I started running out of things in the cupboards I started thinking about getting ready for next time it happens. I'm better now - just slower :oops: My plan is to get a few months of everything in and restock as I go along. One of the first things I got was a small camping loo as it was agony going upstairs to the toilet.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you were in a *lot* of pain, I'm glad you've recovered and glad its inspired you to get prepping. Enjoy looking around on here.
Crashing*Thunder

Post by Crashing*Thunder »

Hi Jenny, How are you getting on with your prepping now that we have had an earthquake?
personally i am evacuating my bowels, could this be the start of problems for Wales?
Do you have a bug out bag?
jenny1

Post by jenny1 »

I was in the kitchen when it happen - I thought part of my house had fallen in :shock: I have a bug out bag in the car as well as a sleeping bag. I also have a couple of plastic storage boxes which I have put a couple of weeks worth of food, some water and other useful bits and bobs. The idea being that with a couple of minutes notice I will be okay for a couple of weeks where ever I end up.