Hi Another Newbie here

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
jobeeat

Hi Another Newbie here

Post by jobeeat »

Hi everyone

I live in West Devon on the outskirts of Dartmoor I am a 54 year old mother of 4

I am concerned that as society evolves that we are heading towards a period of civil unrest the world as we know it has become a much more dangerous place, and in these unsettled times violence born of debt, frustration, politics and religion could and does strike at any time.

It doesnt matter where you live or what you do for a living it is my fervent belief that everyone should take a step towards being more self sufficient wherever possible, to this end I am after gleaning as much knowledge as possible to fulfil my ultimate goal of being as self sufficient as possible for the future of my family
mushroom

Re: Hi Another Newbie here

Post by mushroom »

Thought that as a fellow middle-aged female living in (semi) rural Devon, I'd be the first to say 'welcome'... so much to read on these boards!
jobeeat

Post by jobeeat »

Hi there its so very nice of you to reply :)
Xodus

Post by Xodus »

Hi, I've just joined. Quite new to all this myself, but I also think something is coming. I think some food stores for a bug-in would be good idea and easy to get started with.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum jobeeat. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Hi and Welcome.
Lots of good resources and advice for you on this forum, good luck. :D
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, theres quite a bit along the self sufficient front on here. I've learned stacks of useful stuff.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum! Us middle aged women have a lot to contribute, as well as a lot to learn :) hope it all appeals to you. I think you're absolutely right that there's a whole mix of things going wrong that could play off and intensify one another.