New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Bluerock

Post by Bluerock »

Hi I'm all new to prepping, I've been busy on you tube looking at kit and essentials, I have a military past RN, so I have a good foundation. Any tips on where to start would be greatly received. And thanks for accepting me.
pseudonym

Re: New member

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)

Thankyou for your Service.

Take your time to peruse the site.

Decide what you want to prep for.

Most here prep for job loss, drought, house evacuation, flood, fire, birth of children, car breakdown etc.... all the stuff that doesn't make it into TV prepping shows :mrgreen:

Decide what's most important to you and yours, and work on that first. The Bunker can come later :tinfoil
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, +1 for what Pseudonym says, youtube and that is great for a nose and a bit of inspiration but not to be taken as gospel. What is it you see as your prepping priorities ? While a lot of us do it because we enjoy aspects of prepping, there's a lot of very practical stuff that ain't very rock n' roll but probably the most useful like having some extra food and water in the house.
Bluerock

Post by Bluerock »

Thanks for the replies, I shall look through the forum and find what interests me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

What little corner of 'The Andrew' were you in if you don't mind me asking, from one ex skate to another. ;)