Hi, new from Swindon Wilts

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Kinger

Hi, new from Swindon Wilts

Post by Kinger »

Hi all, just joined today to swop ideas with like minded people. My wife thinks I’m bonkers but let’s me get on with it. Im ex French forces and currently have been teaching my daughter since she was 4 basic field craft such as tracking, fire making, navigation with and without compass and shelter making. I figured start young so it’s instinct to her for when she’s older. She’s now 5 and I’m very proud with the skills she now uses and teaches mum lol. I’m preparing for quick bunk out to the sticks and self sufficiency. I have had to be mindful of wifey and daughter so bought an old old caravan. It’s got no hot water etc but it’s dry and can get warm. Won the wife over with this as she would never go in a tent let alone a shelter. However it’s slowly slowly with her as picked up a great used 4 man tent off eBay as seem to be going cheap this time of year. She’s agreed that my daughter and I go for a total off grid weekend and she’s now thinking she might try at some point. I have acquired for nothing x2 leisure batteries off local caravan dealer. These I intend to rig up to caravan with solar panel for lights and water pump. I have also started collecting various ration packs. We use them when we go walking in the breacons. So told wifey buying in bulk is cheaper lol. I’m looking on advice of where I can go shooting with an air riffle. I’m wanting to teach my daughter how to shoot etc. Anyone have any ideas for around Swindon, I don’t know any farmers and know they can get funny with strangers. Thanks Kinger
pseudonym

Re: Hi, new from Swindon Wilts

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)

BushcraftUK has a lot of meets, some close to your location I'm sure. There is a lot of crossover between prepping and bushcraft.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Kinger

Post by Kinger »

Thanks
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, you can make your own rations cheaper, have a look on the food section.
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Hello and welcome :)
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)