Hello again

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
jeebus

Hello again

Post by jeebus »

Hi all,

I actually joined this site over a year ago, (original post: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13487&p=149395#p149395) but due to life - more specifically our first child - happening, I reluctantly had to put prepping on the back burner for a while. Our child is 7 months old and is now sleeping through the night, which means that I am gradually getting some free time back as I'm not forever trying to catch up on sleep.

We've always got more than a few staple meals tucked away in the cupboard, so my first plan is to get all of this organised so that I can build on it, and of course start building a decent supply of water as well.

I've also recently been given the keys to my first allotment, which I am more than a little excited about! Hope to chat with some like minded people on here about it all.

Jeebus
Deeps

Re: Hello again

Post by Deeps »

Welcome back, having a wee one parachute into your lives does throw you 10 left, hope all's well.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome back to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Welcome back.

You are probably better prepared than many of us on here in terms of coping with sleep deprivation.

Another skill learned. :D
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Arwen Thebard wrote:Welcome back.

You are probably better prepared than many of us on here in terms of coping with sleep deprivation.

Another skill learned. :D

Shhhhhh don't spoil the surprise any time now those little teeth will start to appear behold more sleepless nights and explosive (litterally nappies ) a Isis IED has nothing on a teething babies nappies

Fabreeze / bleach / vansish on standby....

Know it's improved our prepping in a way... The house is now child proof and secure

Meals are now planned

Biggest asset to be protected is the washing machine and tumble drier ;)

Mrs Andy has shifted energy provider / tarrifs saving us about £ 8 to £10 a week!
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jeebus

Post by jeebus »

Thanks for the warm welcomes. All is very well thanks Deeps.

I haven't been too bad with the sleep deprivation, but it does catch up with me every now and then, rendering me useless until I've had a good sleep. I take my hat off to the single parents out there as I don't know how they manage on their own.

No teeth appearing just yet but the red cheeks and chewing on absolutely everything tell me they are imminent. With regards to the explosive nappies I had no choice but to jump in at the deep end as up until 7 months ago I'd never changed one in my life. Surely they can't get much worse - things are only just calming down!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

CODE BROWN!

FB_IMG_1510658500973.jpg

Oh it gets worse

Baby wipes and dettol wipes get hammered!

And vests get binned! Cold soak it yeh right!

Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Is Napisan still available? That stuff dealt with any and all colours of the brown variety to leave terry nappies and anything else with a questionable stain, blindingly white and/or perfectly clean and sanitised. :mrgreen:
Apparently it is! Andy, go get some, it's cheaper than new vests!

http://www.wilko.com/washing-powder+fab ... vt/0193665
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Brambles wrote:Is Napisan still available? That stuff dealt with any and all colours of the brown variety to leave terry nappies and anything else with a questionable stain, blindingly white and/or perfectly clean and sanitised. :mrgreen:
Apparently it is! Andy, go get some, it's cheaper than new vests!

http://www.wilko.com/washing-powder+fab ... vt/0193665

Thanks vanish won't touch it will give it a go :)

jeebus

Post by jeebus »

Wow I will have to get hold of some of that Napisan - my first official prep!