Hi from S Wales

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
jamjack

Hi from S Wales

Post by jamjack »

Hi there,
We are a couple living in S Wales - cracking on a bit.
We are really interested and have a lot of discussions about 'prepping' from the squiffy 'what if' chats to the facing reality of what if we had to go through a period being really skint (my husband is recovering from bowel cancer...so those convos could have been a reality!!)

My husband is bushcrafty (can whittle a spoon at the speed of a whippet!), outdoorsy, a keen archer etc....whereas I am more about eating... and being able to in times of hardship and/or strife!!

I hope you don't mind if I pick up hints and tips....I have already thoroughly enjoyed some of the threads I have read so far and am relieved that this appears a practical and realistic place. :)

P.S Message to Admin - I also opened another account as I thought this one hadn't worked...don't know if it needs to be closed...or how to do it if so! :geek:
pseudonym

Re: Hi from S Wales

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to you both. :)

A lot of cross over with the Bushcraft world. I got into prepping that way myself.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jamjack

Post by jamjack »

Cheers Pseudonym :)

I am quite getting drawn into the idea of dehydrating food etc....the decider is if I can dehydrate chocolate and wine!! :D

On a more serious note though we never know what is around the corner and I guess we have always had a very basic short term prep plan - candles, torches, a drawer with useful bits and pieces et al but feel we should go that step further to be able to manage for a bit longer.
My dad always had a full cupboard when I was a kid...although I have no idea what his fascination with tinned strawberries was!! But I guess that came from him living through the depression and WW2....you had to manage!
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you're on the same wavelength as a lot of us on here. Hope you find the forum useful.
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

jamjack wrote:Cheers Pseudonym :)

I am quite getting drawn into the idea of dehydrating food etc....the decider is if I can dehydrate chocolate and wine!! :D

On a more serious note though we never know what is around the corner and I guess we have always had a very basic short term prep plan - candles, torches, a drawer with useful bits and pieces et al but feel we should go that step further to be able to manage for a bit longer.
My dad always had a full cupboard when I was a kid...although I have no idea what his fascination with tinned strawberries was!! But I guess that came from him living through the depression and WW2....you had to manage!
hey and welcome, on the cupboard full of supposedly useless stuff, my grand parents on my mothers side were the same. most of my family are farmers, grandparents were borderline homesteaders (built there own house, farm and completely self sufficient up until the years caught up on them)they prepared for everything but that was normal back then and they never stopped.
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.