Hi

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Jay

Hi

Post by Jay »

Hi everyone, English but currently living in Bulgaria where we have been learning to live being as self sufficient as possible but will (probably) have to be moving on again soon (Brexit is biting us already here!) so we will be changing our lifestyle again to what, I do not yet know (wandering nomads probably!) but with the unrest and unease that is spreading throughout Europe I am setting myself the task of setting up a travel/survival backpack ready for our travels along with picking up and improving on some forgotten and new skills. I have to do this on a low budget which adds to the challenge and the length of time it will take!!

So.......... I will hopefully be picking your brains for some ideas and gear recommendations as well as hoping to contribute to some conversations along the way.
The more restrictions and prohibitions there are, the poorer the people will be.
pseudonym

Re: Hi

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum Jay, it sounds like you're living the dream, what kind of things do you anticipate having to prep for ?
Jay

Post by Jay »

Deeps wrote:Welcome to the forum Jay, it sounds like you're living the dream, what kind of things do you anticipate having to prep for ?
Valid question Deeps and a hard one to give a direct answer to, a list could include civil unrest, the rise of nationalism, disintegration of society especially within Western Europe but all them reasons are old news and have been discussed constantly by people much better educated than me! But closer to home for me, Brexit (once sorted) will probably mean we can no longer stay here living this lifestyle, so when this happens one plan is to pick up our (future) hiking/survival pack to travel around (possibly Eastern Europe) and see where we end up so the skills and knowledge "preppers" have (that we can hopefully tap into via this forum) together with what we have learnt here will hopefully compliment that situation.

I know that sounds vague and I am not sure if it actually makes any sense but we are living in a rather fluid situation at present until these useless politicians actually start earning their wages and sort out the mess Brexit has become, we are still in the early stages of exploring and planning different options subject to its outcome but whichever way I look my gut feeling says there is going to be a lot of trouble ahead and sooner rather than later!
The more restrictions and prohibitions there are, the poorer the people will be.