Hi from Hampshire / Wiltshire

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Wood cutter

Hi from Hampshire / Wiltshire

Post by Wood cutter »

Hi Guys / Girls.

Not really thought of myself as a prepper before, but whilst searching for answers to a specific problem I have, it would seem that my way of living and looking after myself (and my family) would indeed lead me to be labelled a 'prepper'.

I'll start a new thread in a more appropriate section to ask for answers to my problem / query.
Deeps

Re: Hi from Hampshire / Wiltshire

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I came to it in a similar way, I only heard of prepping as a 'thing' about 3 years ago but realised that I was ticking a lot of the boxes anyway. I hope you find the help you're looking for. Ask away.
Wood cutter

Post by Wood cutter »

Thanks Deeps.

I've always been an outdoorsy (is that a word?) kind of guy, and could sharpen a knife or safely and respectfully handle a gun before I reached secondary school. I've also always had a 'plan' for most situations, and always have a few bits and pieces on me to make life's challenges a little easier. Turns out, that means I'm a prepper.

The only times I had ever really come across the term before were either in relation to crazy assault rifle wielding Americans, or other crazies on Youtube weighing up the pro's and con's of carrying an axe as a weapon. I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised by the lack of such nonsense here.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you're already doing really well. Looking forward to your posts.
Wood cutter

Post by Wood cutter »

Thanks Arzosah.

I like to think I'm doing well. I'm sure after having a good rummage around this forum though, I'll probably find a few things I'd never even considered.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Wood cutter wrote:Thanks Arzosah.

I like to think I'm doing well. I'm sure after having a good rummage around this forum though, I'll probably find a few things I'd never even considered.
That's what happened to me, this place is a bit of a goldmine although your wallet won't thank you. :lol:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.