Hello - Researcher interested in prepping

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Brambles

Re: Hello - Researcher interested in prepping

Post by Brambles »

Now you have posted your intro, can suggest you move your questions to a thread out on the forums? More people are likely to see it and post an answer.
Cheers.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
GPS

Post by GPS »

Brambles wrote:Now you have posted your intro, can suggest you move your questions to a thread out on the forums? More people are likely to see it and post an answer.
Cheers.
Yep no problem. thanks
GPS

Post by GPS »

Just one last thing. If anyone is interested in doing an interview (via phone, skype, e-mail, in person) please let me know - *email address removed by moderator*

Thanks again for all the help everyone. Hopefully they will be as nice to me in the other sections of the forum!
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

GPS wrote:Just one last thing. If anyone is interested in doing an interview (via phone, skype, e-mail, in person) please let me know

Thanks again for all the help everyone. Hopefully they will be as nice to me in the other sections of the forum!
One of the things us preppers are into is Operational Security (OPSEC), that being said I have removed your E-mail address. If people wish to contact you, they can PM you and you can exchange details there.

HTH
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

GPS wrote:Just one last thing. If anyone is interested in doing an interview (via phone, skype, e-mail, in person) please let me know - *email address removed by moderator*

Good luck with that boy.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
oldman

Post by oldman »

GPS wrote:Just one last thing. If anyone is interested in doing an interview (via phone, skype, e-mail, in person) please let me know - *email address removed by moderator*

I think there is a minimum number of posts before you can use the message system.

I'll give it a go, I've sent an email to your account.
"Just when one least expects it, the unexpected always happens" - Dr. Rance
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

GPS wrote:
We've had requests from TV crews, students, journalists, documentary makers - you name it, we've had it. They usually get the heave-ho pretty quickly when we find out that they generally want us to either a) be gun-toting Rambo types whom they can use to back up their stereotypical viewpoints of prepping or, b) want to trawl this forum to plagiarise it and use it for their own ends.
Wow! Well, as I have said previously, I am only interested in presenting a fair and balanced view of your experiences and any data we do collect/use is only with the permission of the participants. When you say they have 'plagiarised' the forums for 'their own ends', do you mean that they reprinted these forums in their documentaries/newspaper stories etc. without your permission?

Also, since we are on the subject, I was wondering if you think there has been any improvement in how prepping has been portrayed in the mainstream media over the last few years? Does the mis-representation that a few of you talked about regarding journos etc. make you reluctant to talk about it or use the term 'prepper' outside forums like this?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazine-3 ... ppers-shop
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Says it all!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote:Says it all!
Yep. F*ckwits of the highest order. :lol:
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

oldman wrote:

I think there is a minimum number of posts before you can use the message system.

I'll give it a go, I've sent an email to your account.
Which is why I suggested starting a thread on the forums as posts in the new members section do not count towards your 10 posts.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon