Hello from Devon

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
drprepper

Hello from Devon

Post by drprepper »

Well, there's been growing global instability for a while and I've been preparing for a couple of months only but going pretty well. My main issue is storing stuff without irking the other half by taking up too much space! She thinks I'm fairly bonkers but won't say outright because "if I'm wrong, I'll never hear the end of it."
Deeps

Re: Hello from Devon

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum.
Britcit

Post by Britcit »

Welcome

Getting the other half 'on board' could be seen as the holy grail. Baby steps to begin with. I kinda got my missus on side by having a few things in the stores just for her. She ran outta smokes, and I scored major brownie points by producing 20 coffin nails out of the stores. I even have a few boxes of her preferred brand of tampons.

If she's kinda okay with your prepping, but is a little resentful of space being taken up, have a look around on this forum. Space, and hiding preps from prying eyes is an oft covered topic.
"There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know."
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Welshwiz11

Post by Welshwiz11 »

Welcome. I'm a newbie too
Purchases have started rollin in now and the Bug out bag is taking shape.
Trip to Poundland for some tinned goods is next on the cards
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Welshwiz beware of the £1 shops often it's cheaper in the supermarket or BM / home bargains ;)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Yorkshire Andy wrote:Welshwiz beware of the £1 shops often it's cheaper in the supermarket or BM / home bargains ;)
+1

You do need to check the dates on B&M tinned stuff though, worthy of consideration if you are intending to store longer term. ;)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Welshwiz11

Post by Welshwiz11 »

Cheers fellas or gals!!
I have a little bit of stuff but mainly I'll be looking for the best deals!! I need a lot of spam!!