Looking for fellow Cumbrians

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
CumbrianCrusader92

Looking for fellow Cumbrians

Post by CumbrianCrusader92 »

Hi everyone, I'm looking for any other peppers in Cumbria. I don't talk about this with anyone and so I thought this would be the best place to find people in my area.
Just looking at exchanging tips and to talk about scenarios ECT. If you would like to get in touch please PM me.

Ideally I'm looking at setting up a small group in west Cumbria but I would be happy to talk to others from the wider community as I'm sure some people will have questions about the best places in Cumbria ECT.

Thanks for the opportunity.

CC.
manui dat cognitio vires

Knowledge gives strength to the arm
jansman

Re: Looking for fellow Cumbrians

Post by jansman »

Welcome. Join in the forum,let us know why you prep,and make yourself known.When you have done that,maybe you will get some feedback to your request.Its all about trust.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
TopSod

Post by TopSod »

CumbrianCrusader92 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm looking for any other peppers in Cumbria. I don't talk about this with anyone and so I thought this would be the best place to find people in my area.
Just looking at exchanging tips and to talk about scenarios ECT. If you would like to get in touch please PM me.

Ideally I'm looking at setting up a small group in west Cumbria but I would be happy to talk to others from the wider community as I'm sure some people will have questions about the best places in Cumbria ECT.

Thanks for the opportunity.

CC.
Hi CC92,

Fellow Cumbrian here, living rural between Carlisle and Penrith.

We prep for loss of income, loss of utilities and civil unrest. I'm completely out the loop to be honest, due to various things in life over the last few years.

Prep wise I need to get my stores back up as they're quite depleted now. It would be great to get a Cumbria network going (I actually mentioned this a few years ago) although as it stands if TSHTF right now I wouldn't be much better off than the man on the street :(

What are you prepping for?
CumbrianCrusader92

Alright TopSod and jansman, :D

I live in west Cumbria near Whitehaven. I was in the Army for 5 years where I pretty much learned how to look after myself. Since then I've been prepping without knowing that there was such a thing. I just thought it was normal to have a BOB ready to go at all times.

I'm prepping for the same things too only I also prep for CBRN attacks such as a nuclear weapon strike and radiological incidents (I.e. if Sellafiled has an incident)

I've recently got myself a job which has allowed me more disposable income to improve my kit and my supplies as at the moment I have old military stuff which is falling apart.

I'm getting married soon and my plans for buying a 4x4 have gone out the window! The spare money is getting spent on flowers and cakes!!!

My future Mrs thinks I'm paranoid but I know better.
manui dat cognitio vires

pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)

Thankyou for your service.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, hope you find plenty useful stuff on here, Prepping is quite a broad subject and we're not all on the same page, as for the group thing, good luck but we tend to be quite a furtive bunch so get your virtual face out there and let people see what you're about and you'll probably get more responses. Enjoy prepping too, most of us don't do because we hate it but think we should, there's a fun aspect as well.
CumbrianCrusader92

Yeah I can see how people can be quite secretive and OPSEC is paramount. Thanks for all the kind words I'm sure I'll speak to you all in the main topics soon.

I feel like prepping is a necessity especially in the current climate. I obviously hope nothing of that scale ever happens but I like being ready just in case.

Thanks everyone
manui dat cognitio vires