Hello All

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Deepquest

Hello All

Post by Deepquest »

Hello all

Been reading prepping advice for quite a while but mainly US sites. Now have found this great UK site and now even more determined to get into the prepping ideology and mind set.

Not even considering the end of the world scenario or the old nuclear chestnut, just more practical based prepping (in my humble opinion) for situations of mass power outages, civil unrest etc.

Skill sets. Qualified and practising as a product designer/engineer. Have full machining and prototyping skills and am dead excited to get teeth into some of the amazing prepping projects seen here already.

The site is so well structured and from what I have seen, people are so dedicated to sharing and contributing, its what I was hoping to find. I'm also hoping to be able to contribute a few bits and pieces myself.

Based in South Wales area, no idea what area number that would be

Cheers
Area 12
pseudonym

Re: Hello All

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome! I think you'll find a meeting of minds about what to prep for, that's great. Quite envy you the skillset - I've seen people make some very elegant things, a beautiful tripod to hold a big pot over a cooking fire, for instance. What kind of project are you hoping to do?
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, hope you find it useful. I've had all softs of inspiration.
Deepquest

Post by Deepquest »

Thanks all, appreciate the welcome.

First project, wow so many in mind now....

We are in the process of building a large workshop in the garden and an extension onto the house. IN the extension, I will have a large sloping roof void which will be a playroom for my little ones model railway (and mine ho hum), but also intent to steal some of the space for a concealed bug in room (post planning) so now working out additional joisting and trusses for support. Keeping whole thing low key as possible to minimise intent etc.

Workshop I'm looking at water storage and purification first off. I have seen a few mention slime and nasties in their water butts so am hoping to come up with a filtering system using easy to obtain materials and a small solar pump to raise it to a head system. All on the drawing board right now :) Will be doing workshop first to store house stuff whilst building extension etc. Not sure if putting some sketches up as i mind map the filters would be of interest as always appreciate feedback etc

Cheers
Area 12