New member from North Yorkshire

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Paul08

New member from North Yorkshire

Post by Paul08 »

Hi everyone, my names Paul, I'm 28 from North Yorkshire. I have been interested in prepping for a few years and spent many hours watching US prepper documentaries on YouTube.

I live with my wife and son in our bungalow on a small road. We have a decent enough sized garden and I have started growing vegetables and herbs albeit on a small scale for the time being. I already collect rainwater to use in the garden and we are getting some hens at the weekend. I'd like to learn more about becoming more self sufficient. I also financially prep and never live outside of my means. Me and my wife both work full time but I like to know that if we both lost our jobs then we could keep the house and not worry too much. This is partially why I'm interested in growing food.

I'm an accountant by trade but I like to do things myself and I'm not scared of hard work. I'm currently building an extension by myself and enjoying learning new skills that may help me in the future.

I look forward to getting to know you all and contributing to the forum!
pseudonym

Re: New member from North Yorkshire

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum mate, sounds like you know what you're prepping for. Have a swing through the forum for inspiration and don't be shy to ask if you can't see what you're looking for.
DrPreppers

Post by DrPreppers »

Welcome Paul!

I feel sure you will be able to find the answers to most questions regarding preparing , here on this forum. As you are an accountant just remember not to count your chickens.....and as a prepper don't keep all your eggs in one basket. ;)
If you cannot find what you need.......just ask on the forum.
Evasion is an art form, a true artist may follow his pursuers.