OAP New member (Old Age Prepper)

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
DrPreppers

OAP New member (Old Age Prepper)

Post by DrPreppers »

Hello to you all from the Jurassic Coast - DrPrepper long term survivalist here ;) - trainer and equipment maker.
All the good things in life are free, including help and advice.
Good to see an active UK forum.
Evasion is an art form, a true artist may follow his pursuers.
pseudonym

Re: OAP New member (Old Age Prepper)

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, as a survivalist, what kind of things are you prepping for ? If you follow me. :?
jansman

Post by jansman »

What are you prepping for? We all have different reasons.What training do you do and what equipment do you make ?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
DrPreppers

Post by DrPreppers »

Ok. I personally prep for leaving home in a hurry - reasoning unsure - but the prep is justified. I have one set for go and never return and one set for go and return.
We use the go and return if we simply want to go wandering off for a few days...we live in some woderful and varied countryside on the coast.
Either set will keep me and mine (wife and dog) safe and able to stay away from home temporarily or on a perma camp basis. The dog is an English mastiff and the wife is a Texan, both are equally dangerous :lol:
The grab and go gear is a short term set up, which with minor hunting/trapping and fishing would be adequate for a few weeks.
The A-bag set up is heavier and includes my wifes gear bag and the dogs molle carry system.
One main carry system - secondary mimic set up (but less of it) and the dog set up (he carries things very well)
I make quite few mini spirit burners for demo purposes, I adapt or re-make equipment (mainly webbing work) and create specific systems for people.
My wife has a number of garden areas dotted around and grows and dries food, saves seeds etc. - not my forte!
I do a bit of tuition and "How to" stuff.
There is some excellent cheap equipment out there, that with a little work and tidying becomes really great gear at a fraction of the cost of the "Brand names".
I guess we cover most aspects of prepping in our daily lives..... some to save money....some to enhance our lives.
We make our own stuff quite a lot........... from foodstuff to herbal shampoo to hiking gear and bug out gear.
I am currently in the process of retuning and checking our A-bag set up, the plan being to add items and reduce carry weight....always fun!
All of our gear is designed for a walk out scenario not a drive out, so weight distribution is paramount.

Many thanks for the welcomes!!
Evasion is an art form, a true artist may follow his pursuers.