Like minded

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Prep Girl

Like minded

Post by Prep Girl »

Hi I have been interested in prepping for many years but my circumstances have prevented me from doing anything about it. It occurred to me that the main vital necessity for preparedness is a piece of productive land for food and that is the main reason we work-I know this sounds obvious but materialism can blind and distract us-it just became extremely plain to me this morning. I decided to look on line to see if any other people were into this way of thinking and was delighted to find this forum!
Arzosah

Re: Like minded

Post by Arzosah »

That's great, welcome to the forum! Yes, having your own "supply chain" for food is a very good thing! Lots of start where we are, with gardens, allotments and so on ... how are you fixed at the moment?

Enjoy having a look round the forum :)
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I hear what you're saying, for me its once you stop and realise your situation you can't 'unthink' it so will always be aware of your fragility. All very philosophical eh ? :lol:

I hope you find this place useful, I have, all sorts of inspiration, have a dig around the old threads and don't be afraid to ask questions, someone will have some advice.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Lea_123

Post by Lea_123 »

Hi

I have just got an allotment with the same thing in mind ! It's in a bit of a state though so I have got some hard work ahead before I can start putting in fruit and veg!

:)
Prep Girl

Post by Prep Girl »

Thankyou for welcoming me. I'm just weighing up a few things at present and I'm wondering whether it is inevitable that if you were to go off grid you would have to break the law-unless you moved between separate pitches of land to avoid paying council tax?
kevprep85

Post by kevprep85 »

Prep Girl wrote:Thankyou for welcoming me. I'm just weighing up a few things at present and I'm wondering whether it is inevitable that if you were to go off grid you would have to break the law-unless you moved between separate pitches of land to avoid paying council tax?
im not 100% on this but as long as your not living in a permanent structure and in a structure that can be moved ie cabin caravan ext there are ways around the law.
failure to prepare is preparing to fail.