Hello from Pembrokeshire

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Djchiv

Hello from Pembrokeshire

Post by Djchiv »

Hi everyone, quite new to all this, have been researching a lot the last 7 months, and secretly prepping for a few. I'm hoping to meet some like minded people in my area to bounce ideas about and maybe form a little group of us as it feels I'm the only one at the moment lol
Am looking forward to getting lots of advice here and maybe helping others once I learn more myself :)
Deeps

Re: Hello from Pembrokeshire

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, what kind of stuff are you prepping for ?
Djchiv

Post by Djchiv »

Thanks. I'm prepping for the usual stuff, economic collapse etc but my biggest fear ( and I'm gonna sound crazy now) is the likes of a rogue planet or something similar lol. The last 8 months while waiting for our business to secure new premises I had a hell of a lot of time on my hands and watching this and that led me through all those conspiracy theories which opened me eyes.
My wife is slowly coming around to the idea of how important it is to prep ( even if it's something simple like getting snowed in for a week or two lol) we also home school our 2 boys so have started introducing survival class ( with help from a bushcraft friend)
I just feel that there aren't many people in my area to swap ideas with or just generally have a chat to about everything that's going on in the world today
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Djchiv

Post by Djchiv »

Thanks guys
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Welcome from south Wales.
General DeGaulle

Post by General DeGaulle »

Hello! You will enjoy it here I am sure. I don't at all think it is pointless preparing for a major natural event - whether astronomical or otherwise. As someone who is into history in a big way, I can say these things can and do happen more often than people think, and when they do people are taken utterly by surprise. With such events come the economic and governmental collapse we all prep for anyway. Imagine, for example, all the worldwide disruption of a Tunguska - type thing happening over western Europe, or the Eastern United States.
Jarhead55

Post by Jarhead55 »

Lol, Im in Pembs too bud. If we have a problem Ill hook up with you before the SHTF. Just bring some food, water and rucksack with useful gear.
Djchiv

Post by Djchiv »

Thanks everyone, jarhead where in Pembs are you?