New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
comber

Post by comber »

Hi everyone,

So, following the site rules, this is my introduction post.

I've been a casual prepper for a number of years now. I have the usual gear (grab bag type items), watch the usual YouTube prepper channels/videos. I don't have a gun license, but I do have a couple of air rifles. I don't buy all the military cloths, backpacks, foods. I guess I don't horde prepper items.

How does my mind work? When I'm in a new room and I'm bored, I'll look at what's in the room and think about what could be used in a grab and go situation. I find the thought process is one of the best ways to keep my mind "prepped" because let's face it, you won't always have your perfect wish list to hand if things do go wrong, and basically, it's more what you know and can do for yourself that matters.

Anyway, look forwards to your replies.

Comber
Deeps

Re: Newbie

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the site useful, I've learned stacks since i joined.
comber

Post by comber »

Deeps wrote:Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the site useful, I've learned stacks since i joined.
Thank you Deeps. I'm sure I will learn a great deal from here. It's also great to now be able to have regular contact with other preppers.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)

Much like you, I look around rooms/buildings/streets for exits, fire extinguishers, first aid points.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
comber

Post by comber »

pseudonym wrote:Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)

Much like you, I look around rooms/buildings/streets for exits, fire extinguishers, first aid points.
Hi Pseudonym,

Exactly, but it always amazes me how far you can push you mind to find uses for objects even in a very spartan room.

Example might be if you had a candle and a sheet, you could wax the sheet making it useful for water collection, shelter, sitting on, wrapping yourself up, backpack wrap etc. The candle itself would have many obvious uses, but if you had an empty toilet roll tube and a tin, you could make a tramp heater/cooker. Obviously, once the heater has been used up, the tin could be used for other things again.

I'm really tempted to make a YouTube video where this kind of thinking is put to use in a random room.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Yep, a prepped *attitude* is worth an awful lot :)

That said, a hoard of baked beans is a good thing in a snowstorm, or a dose of flu ... :)

But welcome to the forum: now more than ever, it's true that we need to be on the lookout when we're out and about.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote:Yep, a prepped *attitude* is worth an awful lot :)

That said, a hoard of baked beans is a good thing in a snowstorm, or a dose of flu ... :)

But welcome to the forum: now more than ever, it's true that we need to be on the lookout when we're out and about.
And teabags! :lol:

Welcome to the forum comber.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.