New to the forum - Loch Lomond

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
BugOut66

New to the forum - Loch Lomond

Post by BugOut66 »

Hi Everyone,

I've been interested in prepping for a long time. It seems to me that the world is going down the plughole and I think it's only a matter of time before something happens that there's no going back from. I'm very keen on being able to look after my family WTSHTF.

Most people just think I'm mad when I go about stuff like that but I'm hoping it's ok to vocalise those concerns here.

I'm lucky that where I live is pretty much one of the last big(ish) towns before the highlands.

Anyway, looking to learn a lot here and see what folks are saying to it.
pseudonym

Re: New to the forum - Loch Lomond

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
General DeGaulle

Post by General DeGaulle »

Hello! I only joined the forum a couple of days ago, and everyone seems friendly and intelligent here.WTSHTF can happen anytime. Even if you ignore Political factors, there are still natural disasters which can occur anytime, despite the vast majority of sheep tutting and shaking their heads. Imagine if the Carrington Event were to happen now, for example? Anyway I hope you enjoy it here. I surely am!
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, Loch Lomond is a nice part of the world, apart from the midgies. ;) Hope you find this place useful.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome! There's plenty of info here about what might help in that situation, and plenty to help *before* then, everyday emergencies too - WWII bombs being discovered, coping with travel chaos, longish power cuts, flooding, all sorts of stuff. I think a lot of us are concerned about something even bigger potentially happening, absolutely.
shocker

Post by shocker »

Welcome to the jungle mate! Dive into the backpages and work that search function - theres a wealth of knowledge here ;)
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***