S Wales realistic prepper.

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
SWalesRob

S Wales realistic prepper.

Post by SWalesRob »

Hello. I'm Robert or Rob from just outside Cardiff. I'm looking to swap tips with local preppers who are realistic about prepping. Looking to eventually start a small group that will meet up to shoot, swap tips and experience. I have some reserve forces experience and have been an outdoor person all my life. If your in my area and are interested, get in touch.
Cheers
Rob.
Deeps

Re: S Wales realistic prepper.

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, there are a number on here from Wales, I'm sure some will be along to say hello. What kind of thing are you prepping for ?
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
SWalesRob

Post by SWalesRob »

Thanks. Not preparing for any specific event but I do think economic collapse or nuclear strike are the most likely. I e thought a lot and I think in almost all events the best course of action is to big in until you have no choice but to get out and disappear. I'm concentrating on food stocks at home and numerous stashes of supplies dotted the local hills. Im looking to use my crossbow a lot this year in order to get my skills up. Also work on my field craft just in case the worst happens.

Rob
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum. I think a lot of people on here would agree with you about economic collapse, or maybe severe problems, yes, I think you'd find a lot on here to connect with :)
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Arzosah wrote:Welcome to the forum. I think a lot of people on here would agree with you about economic collapse, or maybe severe problems, yes, I think you'd find a lot on here to connect with :)
Economic collapse is a real worry for quite a few yes, I expect many also get a taste of it once monthly, and that that in itself drives UK prepping to some degree, it's certainly shops running short of stuff we need all the time which played a part for us.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
whenfires

Post by whenfires »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Twitter: @whenfires
Disclaimer: May contain Amazon affiliate links harmful to wealth
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Wow, Plymtom, the shops themselves running short? I knew about the "courgette crisis", of course, but .... what kind of goods were you thinking of?
SWalesRob

Post by SWalesRob »

Are there any South Wales groups or meets?
jellygut231

Post by jellygut231 »

Hi I'm from Swansea so not far from you at all. I'm new to prepping so not sure of much at the moment but looking to change all that