Hi all, long neglected intro post!

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
tarmactatt

Hi all, long neglected intro post!

Post by tarmactatt »

Hi Folks,

Apologies for the tardiness of this intro, I've gathered some great info on this forum and hope to contribute eventually.

My focus is prepping on a budget for short term food/water/weather/power disruptions and attempting to build flexibility and resilience for the next financial crash.

Eventually I would like to be less reliant on the grid and have some space to grow some veggies, but unfortunately those are (very) long-term plans!

Cheers! :)
Deeps

Re: Hi all, long neglected intro post!

Post by Deeps »

Can't exactly say welcome as you're a long term lurker but thanks for posting an intro, get fired into this posting malarky.
tarmactatt

Post by tarmactatt »

Thanks Deeps, only realised today how long ago I registered!

Had to take a bit of time off prepping due to other commitments, with the current global events, getting a 'safety net' under me is now higher priority.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

tarmactatt wrote:Thanks Deeps, only realised today how long ago I registered!

Had to take a bit of time off prepping due to other commitments, with the current global events, getting a 'safety net' under me is now higher priority.
Ya gotta hate it when life gets in the way of prepping eh ? Hope you get things sorted mate.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
mightymayesy

Post by mightymayesy »

Hi and Welcome!
I was a lurker too and have found it incredibly useful thus far.
MM
Spoiler Alert: Everyone dies.

Prepping Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ukpreppershtf/
shocker

Post by shocker »

Hi and welcome from a newbie
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome, tarmactatt - would any of the prepping you're now doing have been helpful with the RL stuff you've been facing?
tarmactatt

Post by tarmactatt »

Thanks for all the welcome replies everyone.
Deeps wrote:
tarmactatt wrote:Thanks Deeps, only realised today how long ago I registered!

Ya gotta hate it when life gets in the way of prepping eh ? Hope you get things sorted mate.
Yeah, I'm always evaluating risk:reward and sometimes that extra pack of baked beans has to take a back-seat.

mightymayesy wrote:Hi and Welcome!
I was a lurker too and have found it incredibly useful thus far.
MM
Completely agree, really helpful source of info. I'm also a subscriber to the "you've two ears and one mouth, use them in that ratio" mindset, I like to read up on stuff before I post and make a fool of myself!

Arzosah wrote:Welcome, tarmactatt - would any of the prepping you're now doing have been helpful with the RL stuff you've been facing?
Redundancy out of the blue meant I drew heavily on savings etc that I may not have had if I had not been of the prepared mindset.

Now trying to build the savings back up ready for the next time the SHTF work-wise. My personal priorities for preps are fire/extreme weather/gas or power outage, once I've covered those 'basics' I'll be looking at cost:benefit of other scenarios.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

tarmactatt wrote: Completely agree, really helpful source of info. I'm also a subscriber to the "you've two ears and one mouth, use them in that ratio" mindset, I like to read up on stuff before I post and make a fool of myself!

I wouldn't worry too much about that, we can all be guilty of it :oops: and we're a forgiving bunch.