New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Mike G

Post by Mike G »

I'm Mike G. I've soul searched a long time before entering any survivalist board because of authority snooping but I decided to break my silence and join in.
I'm an electronics engineer and radio ham of many years. I'm an outdoorsman and have spent many years hiking in the area. I've used that info to help me prep for my family and myself. As a radio ham I've learned morse and use it all the time, the electronics have been used to build my Geiger counter, radio transceivers and alarm systems. I've winter wild camped and studied navigation with and without aids.
I'm looking for contacts in my area to work with.
Many thanks.
shocker

Re: New member

Post by shocker »

You're in luck mate cos this aint a survivalist board!

Welcome from another newbie from the sticks, sounds like you will have loads of good info to share. Work that search button and, like any good book, read from the back forwards ;)
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find this place useful, I have. As for the authorities snooping, I'm pretty sure they'll be well bored by now of our talk of dehydrating and cheese making but you never know.

Good drills on the morse, I'm an ex morse op myself, not sure how useful it is now but I've still got a soft spot for it. There are a few hams on here and we have a 'radio section'. Enjoy mate.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome Mike - yep, UK-style preparedness is quite different from what you're thinking of - a few members here into comms, like yourself, are members of RAYNET, for example.

And my talk is exactly what Deeps describes - dehydrating (twice this year!), cheese making (once, two years ago) bonfires (twice this week, loving it) - pitch in :)
oldman

Post by oldman »

Hi Mike G,

Welcome to the forum.
Mike G wrote:I'm Mike G. I've soul searched a long time before entering any survivalist board because of authority snooping but I decided to break my silence and join in.
I share your concerns but not just about the authorities there are plenty of other snoopers and we bleed information on the net. But as they say, if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. (that's sarcasm by the way)

Oldman
"Just when one least expects it, the unexpected always happens" - Dr. Rance