Hello from Berlin

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Arzosah

Re: Hello from Berlin

Post by Arzosah »

Hello Miguel, welcome. It's always appreciated when people lay their cards on the table, as you say.

Love the photos on the home page of your website, by the way! Simple yet detailed, really lovely. But as for being photographed myself - no, I don't think so.
miguelb wrote:I am sure that this forum is not made up of extremists as I can see in other threads that the members are very cautious with political comment. I can tell you that I also tried to contact preppers in German forums and what I saw there was the same: People like you and me living a normal life, just trying to be prepared for whatever - like having enough toilet paper in the house ;). But I had a lot of problems meeting people because of questionable reports on the prepping community in German media. Preppers were labeled as conspiracists or right-wing extremists.

What I would like to ask you is, do you think of prepping as a "scene", as a way of living or is it more a particular mindset?
Also, what are the scenarios you are preparing for?

I will sure have a look at other threads in this forum to find some answers, but I would be happy if someone is willing to reply directly :)
Journalists and researchers only seem to be interested in apocalypse/end times/survivalism. I'm not that, and we're not that. I've just had this very conversation this week, about millenarianism, with a researcher. Toilet paper, first aid, fruit and veg from the garden, foraging, safety while travelling - that's us.
oldman

Post by oldman »

Hi Miguel,

Welcome to the community.
miguelb wrote:So, I am posting here because I am searching for contacts to preppers who would be willing to be photographed by me.
I am also a photographer so I would be happy to help with your project.

Oldman
"Just when one least expects it, the unexpected always happens" - Dr. Rance
miguelb

Post by miguelb »

Hi Arzosah and Oldman,

thanks a lot for your replies! And thanks for the compliments on my work, Arzosah. I really appreciate that!
oldman wrote:I am also a photographer so I would be happy to help with your project.
Oldman, that sounds great! Do you think we could talk about it in private messages (if I am already allowed to)?

Thank you and have a great evening!
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

miguelb wrote:Hi Arzosah and Oldman,

thanks a lot for your replies! And thanks for the compliments on my work, Arzosah. I really appreciate that!
oldman wrote:I am also a photographer so I would be happy to help with your project.
Oldman, that sounds great! Do you think we could talk about it in private messages (if I am already allowed to)?

Thank you and have a great evening!
I think you both have to have 10 posts (not in the 'NEW MEMBERS' section before you can send PM's so you both might struggle.
oldman

Post by oldman »

Deeps wrote:I think you both have to have 10 posts (not in the 'NEW MEMBERS' section before you can send PM's so you both might struggle.
Don't worry Deeps, I have his email, mobile number and his Hamburg address.

Oldman
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

oldman wrote:
Deeps wrote:I think you both have to have 10 posts (not in the 'NEW MEMBERS' section before you can send PM's so you both might struggle.
Don't worry Deeps, I have his email, mobile number and his Hamburg address.

Oldman
Pretty sure Deeps isn't worried about this. He was just being helpful. I am not sure how to read this post, however as you're a new member I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt as I'm *sure* you weren't being sarcastic.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

I don't think Oldman was being sarcastic, tbh - Miguel's contact details are on his website.
oldman

Post by oldman »

featherstick wrote:I don't think Oldman was being sarcastic, tbh - Miguel's contact details are on his website.
I didn't mean to sound sarcastic, just a quick statement of fact to save time. Like I always say, we bleed information once we connect to the internet.

Oldman
junmist

Post by junmist »

Hi miguelb it is so nice to hear from other parts of Europe and I hope you don't disappear like a lot of other people do. First preppers are for the most parts shy creatures and you have to earn their trust you can do this by joining in the conversion and sharing thoughts. As you have already been told politics are out as well as religion but other wise anything goes and the admins on this site are great at making sure it does not turn into a full blown argument. You might like to see how male vs female look at prepping differs in each country The word prepper is an umbrella term and covers all sort of sub text like bushcraft, smallholding/homesteading, survivalist and so on. Good luck I might have a look at your web site to see your pictures myself
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle