Back again, hello

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Arzosah

Back again, hello

Post by Arzosah »

Can't believe I've been away for so long. But at least my log-in details are still live. I stopped posting at the beginning of December - I was away for months, and since then I've been trekking up and down the country; all of that absence was about dealing with my mother's death. I even stopped my blogs!

Since then, however, I've been getting my feet under the table at home again, and I find myself drafting blog posts, and wishing I was back in an actual prepping forum. So here I am :)

Hope all's well here! It's more than ever relevant, that's for sure ...
Last edited by Arzosah on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deeps

Re: Back again, hello

Post by Deeps »

Welcome back, you'll have a bit of catching up to do. :D
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hi Deeps - yep, you're right, I've just been tootling about the thread on "any preppers in London" that Lil started. Very interesting - I lived there for a while, and on my journeys up and down the country re probate, I've had to pass through each time. Plus I'll be up near Clapham for 10 days soon while catsitting :mrgreen:

It does make you think ...
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Good to see you back. :)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome back to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hiya :D

Essential supplies purchased: chocolate, and more eggs for home baking :D
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Arzosah wrote:Hiya :D

Essential supplies purchased: chocolate, and more eggs for home baking :D
the two essential ingredients for Brownies :lol:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
jansman

Post by jansman »

Welcome back .Sorry about your mum.I understand all the to and fro,as my mum lost her ( third!) Husband in January,and like you,its taken a bit of sorting.Hope it all settles down soon.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hi both - thank you jansman, appreciated. What's really struck me about all that is that its when the last partner dies, thats when the work gets full-on. To be frank, when my dad died in 2006, there was hardly anything, a bit of furniture re-arranged, clearing a bit of the garage, and that was that. Now, with them *both* gone, it's about the dispersal of the household and eventually the sale of the house. That won't be till late next year for complicated family reasons. And for the same complicated reasons, its me thats been getting to grips with things: the family pictures, the family documents, the probate, and most of the first stage decluttering - charity shops and the tip, that sort of thing.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote:Hi both - thank you jansman, appreciated. What's really struck me about all that is that its when the last partner dies, thats when the work gets full-on. To be frank, when my dad died in 2006, there was hardly anything, a bit of furniture re-arranged, clearing a bit of the garage, and that was that. Now, with them *both* gone, it's about the dispersal of the household and eventually the sale of the house. That won't be till late next year for complicated family reasons. And for the same complicated reasons, its me thats been getting to grips with things: the family pictures, the family documents, the probate, and most of the first stage decluttering - charity shops and the tip, that sort of thing.
I can understand that totally.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.