Prepper Group in Scottish Borders / Cumbria

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
BordersPrepper

Prepper Group in Scottish Borders / Cumbria

Post by BordersPrepper »

Hi
I'm in the Borders not far from Carlisle and was wondering if there is anyone in or close to the area the area who would like to form a preppers group. I'm thinking of meeting for a weekend every 4 to 6 weeks ish to discuss stategy and practical planning. I have a very remote and well placed property from which to work. Experienced or new to prepping are welcome.
Hope to hear from you.
BP
Deeps

Re: Prepper Group in Scottish Borders / Cumbria

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, what kind of stuff are you prepping for ?
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I'm in the Borders but not really into any meetups, too old and boring and husband would die of boredom :mrgreen: I'm a good bit north of you anyway.
BordersPrepper

Post by BordersPrepper »

I'd like to make the site self sufficient ideally. I have room for growing fruit and veg and keeping small animals (rabbits and chickens). Also have a very strong byrne at the back of the property that may be able to provide hydro at some point in the future (i.e. when I win the lottery!) and hundreds of acres of forestry on the doorstep so I suppose I'd summarise it as (rather obviously) prepping for a food / resource shortage regardless of whether the catalyst is natural disaster / civil unrest or some other event causing supply chain issues.