Student journalist looking to speak to some of you

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
adamc

Student journalist looking to speak to some of you

Post by adamc »

Hi,

I'm a student journalist in Edinburgh, for one of my classes i have to make a short video on a topic of my choice. I've been interested in this stuff for a while and was wondering if any of you would be up for speaking to me? I'm based in Edinburgh but can travel depending where you are. Anyways, thanks for reading and let me know if anyones up for it.

Cheers,

Adam
Deeps

Re: Student journalist looking to speak to some of you

Post by Deeps »

I've approved your post but we're not really here for this sort of thing, if someone is willing to help you then fair enough. You might get more success if you start chipping in as you say you're interested.
sethorly

Post by sethorly »

student journalist........anyones.......can't use apostrophe........*head explodes*
=======
Plymton wrote:Klingon ass scratcher
=======
Area 8
=======
jaffab

Post by jaffab »

sethorly wrote:student journalist........anyones.......can't use apostrophe........*head explodes*
Hmmm - that's a bit mean. He is a student after all.

Besides, the dropped "and", the user of "Anyways" and the liberal use of street talk ("up for") are far more serious.

Hint to the student... if your course ends with the word "....studies", it's not really a course or education.
You live in a time of decay, when the worth of a man is how much he can pay (Flamboyant, Pet Shop Boys, 2006)
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jaffab wrote:
sethorly wrote:student journalist........anyones.......can't use apostrophe........*head explodes*
Hmmm - that's a bit mean. He is a student after all.

Besides, the dropped "and", the user of "Anyways" and the liberal use of street talk ("up for") are far more serious.

Hint to the student... if your course ends with the word "....studies", it's not really a course or education.
What's this then - a tag team approach? Pack it in. Both of you. No further warnings will be given.

If you two really need to validate yourselves by belittling others in this way I suggest you sod off elsewhere and do it. Your comments are below contempt.
jaffab

Post by jaffab »

itsybitsy... fair point, and I hear what you saying, but this thread should never really exist in the first place.

From the very first post of the home page and Rules....
UK Preppers has a zero tolerance policy with respect to any unsolicited journalists and reporters.

Any action to gather, or obtain information for the purpose of media publication without prior written consent from the site owner is strictly forbidden.

Any opinion offered or expressed within UK Preppers may not necessarily reflect that of UK Preppers as a whole.

Any user found to be breaking the above will be banned without notice.
You live in a time of decay, when the worth of a man is how much he can pay (Flamboyant, Pet Shop Boys, 2006)
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jaffab wrote:itsybitsy... fair point, and I hear what you saying, but this thread should never really exist in the first place.

From the very first post of the home page and Rules....
UK Preppers has a zero tolerance policy with respect to any unsolicited journalists and reporters.

Any action to gather, or obtain information for the purpose of media publication without prior written consent from the site owner is strictly forbidden.

Any opinion offered or expressed within UK Preppers may not necessarily reflect that of UK Preppers as a whole.

Any user found to be breaking the above will be banned without notice.
He's a student. This discussion is over.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

This "stuff" covers a very very wide field .

Ranging from those of us who keep a little extra food in the cupboard and a couple of torches handy

To the avid gardener for cheap food

To those who wild camp and like bush craft

To those who live In remote areas who get snowed in during winter

Or someone who lives in a flood risk area

Right up to those who feel the need to have a nuclear bunker and plan to sit out world war three living on nothing but baked beans sat on top of half a dozen silly zombie knives "just in case" which the media seem obcessed with
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Deeps wrote:I've approved your post but we're not really here for this sort of thing, if someone is willing to help you then fair enough. You might get more success if you start chipping in as you say you're interested.
And on that note Adam, why not interact as if you have yourself become interested in prepping? Imagine a scenario which would make life difficult for you it doesn't have to be asteroids or nukes, for most of us it isn't anyway ( though we join in the debates anyway) prepping can be as simple as keeping a raincoat in your car in case you have to walk if you've broken down, for some of us it all began after forgetting to buy enough toilet paper ;)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Plymtom wrote: Imagine a scenario which would make life difficult for you it doesn't have to be asteroids or nukes, for most of us it isn't anyway ( though we join in the debates anyway) prepping can be as simple as keeping a raincoat in your car in case you have to walk if you've broken down, for some of us it all began after forgetting to buy enough toilet paper ;)

Then before you know it your boot resembles a RAC van :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine