Hello from the southern counties

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Survivor

Hello from the southern counties

Post by Survivor »

Hi all

Southern County prepper here.

I've been prepping on and off for about a year, I don't have masses of kit and supplies but I have enought to survive about a month or so for myself, the miussus and our young daughter.

My aim is to have enough preps for a much longer period of time, find a few suitable bug out locations, and have a decent bug out 4x4. I've got a Freelander but will upgrade this to a Discovery or a Defender.

Prepping sometimes has its difficulties in my household, the missus kind of agrees its a good idea but doesn't want to get involved further than that, so sometimes preps are made with her knowledge and sometimes without.

My main priority is to ramp up my short term preps for power cuts, floods, fuel shortages, strikes and loss of employment.

My long term priorities/concerns are economic collapse, social unrest, severe weather and anything resulting in a grid down situation.

Looking forward to conversing with you and learning tips for new preps.
Deeps

Re: Hello from the southern counties

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find plenty of useful stuff here. As for the other half not being fully behind prepping, you're not exactly alone on that one unfortunately. Stick with it mate, my missus isn't exactly on the same page but she's definitely got better as she's realised that I'm serious about it and its not a passing phase. I can't see her ever being fully behind it but I never thought she'd get a season ticket for the football either so you never know. :D
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
tigs

Post by tigs »

Welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8