Hi, back on here after a break..

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
nwpreppers

Hi, back on here after a break..

Post by nwpreppers »

Hi
Checking out this forum again for ideas as the whole world has gone mad?
Just planning on being able to look after me and the missus for most realistic possibilities.
Not so much end of the world scenarios? Or American style paranoia but expected stuff like no oil, water, fuel and food shortages due to terrorism, fuel shortages for transport, supermarkets emptying out and no fuel due the usual panic buying.
Also probable expectation of conflicts like Russia invading Ukraine and poss Poland and sanctions against Russia expected where they will respond by turning off the oil, gas and coal to the UK and Europe?
Plus who knows with all the other lunatic states threatening each other like North Korea, Iran, China etc and now Turkeys turning into 1930'S Germany?
So pretty much anything can happen?
Have a campervan if required and starting from scratch really so interesting to see what other ideas people have.
Not planning so much for the button pushing scenario? Let's face it, in that scenario why would you want to survive? Such a small island country so overpopulated that your pretty much f....d anyway?
Interesting reading ideas and thoughts on here.
Wishing you all the best.
Nwpreppersuk
pseudonym

Re: Hi, back on here after a break..

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome back to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
unsure

Post by unsure »

hello and welcome back ,
sounds like you thought through why`s and what ifs .
the hard part [ for me any way ] is keeping the balance between dried food and tinned , no point having a tonne of dried food and no water .
you do need a way to suplament what you have stored .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
tigs

Post by tigs »

Welcome back
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
bobble

Post by bobble »

Hi nwpreppers, i got into prepping after tanker driver strikes, then i let things lapse and started up again too. I only joined the forum recently because so much seems to be going wonky. People i know arent interested so its nice to be able to be in contact with like-minded people! Welcome from a newie!
nwpreppers

Post by nwpreppers »

bobble wrote:Hi nwpreppers, i got into prepping after tanker driver strikes, then i let things lapse and started up again too. I only joined the forum recently because so much seems to be going wonky. People i know arent interested so its nice to be able to be in contact with like-minded people! Welcome from a newie!
Hi Bobble
Hope your well, how's your plans going?
I'm just looking to start with the basics really, some water, fuel and seeing what's best for simple food really, ideally tins etc they are cheaper and easier to store with a long life...
Nwpreppers
bobble

Post by bobble »

Hiya nwpreppers,
We're fine thanks! Our preps are going quite well now. Tried to reply earlier but kept timing out, very slow typer.
This years events have really made us sit up and pay attention. We have started buying tins etc, storing water, raiding skips for wood for logburner, growing more veg, getting fitter and all sorts.
The weather is still "not right" and the banks computer systems are all dodgy.
We moved a couple of years ago to a house with a chimney and a garden and we're glad we did now.
Your camper van option sounds like a good escape plan as theyre very practical and mobile.
Have you got anywhere to grow stuff?
Hope youre doing ok anyway!
Cheers bobble
nwpreppers

Post by nwpreppers »

Hi
We done have anywhere to grow anything, it's detached and 100 yards from the sea and a beach but a cosy house with retired neighbours but no garden of use just a drive and yard.
But in the yard I've built a large shed which is out of sight behind big doors so plenty of privacy and for coming and going.
Just doing a few jobs in the campervan, rebuilding new kitchen units which will be self contained and removable making the van handy in moving large things.
Everything is quick release removable, just 2 kitchen units and 2 bench seats so a nice big empty van if required.
Also means you can cook or use sink units outside or in the awning if it's nice?
The shed I am shelving and using for prep storage as it's sheltered from the sun all year so nice and cool.
We always keep the van kitted out ready for those last min trips away on impulse so always handy to disappear if needed.
Just cracking with finishing van whilst weather is so nice and start enjoying weekends away.
Also enjoy touring in far northwest remote Scotland plus camping so going to start collecting those wonderful gadgets like solar chargers, already use water filters etc in the mountains whilst backpacking etc.
Plenty to think about?
Enjoy!
bobble

Post by bobble »

Hi nwpreppers
sounds like you have a nice set up and near the sea too. Wish you well with your campervan project, very adaptable! We're thinking more along the lines of bank collapses/ weather/ fuel shortages causing us problems, but perhaps we should also look at options for "getting away" somewhere and a van!
Youve given us food for thought, thanks!
Quercus-robur

Post by Quercus-robur »

Welcome to the forum. Where about's in the NW are you?
Area 9 Coordinator and Resident

'At Spes Infracta'

'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore'.