Hi All

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
bobble

Hi All

Post by bobble »

By way of introducing myself! When the tanker drivers blocked the petrol stations in Sep 2000, i became suddenly aware of how unprepared i was for anything. Since then ive been trying to become better informed and more prepared. Told family and friends theyd be wise to plan for any possible disasters/floods/bank runs etc but they are not interested or willing to actually do anything. Luckily my other half is of the same mind as me and we do what we can together. Looking forward to being part of,and contributing to, a group of like minded people!
pseudonym

Re: Hi All

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hello bobble, welcome! Sounds like you'll fit right in here, preparing for those sorts of events. Are you aware of any particular problems round where you are? The railway line near me is very busy, for instance, but not much cargo business on it, its nearly all passengers, so no chemical spills or anything like that. OTOH, I get quite a few small power cuts every so often.

Welcome, in any case.
bobble

Post by bobble »

Thanks for the welcome Pseudonym and Arzosah! Hi Arzosah, of all the possible scenarios, i think financial collapse is currently the most likely. This would also impact so many other areas of life, that it hardly bears thinking about! You've only got to look at Venezuela. Little food and big queues,gas and leccy rationed, medical care almost non existant an the whole infrastructure of the country falling apart. Employers cant get the money to pay their staff, workers dont go to work as they are in a queue for food, etc. So that is what "floats my boat" prepping -wise at the moment! How come you get power cuts? Are you in a rural area? We live on the outskirts of Liverpool so we're on the mains supply.
Thanks again for the welcome!
tigs

Post by tigs »

Welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
bobble

Post by bobble »

Thanks Tigs!