Hello from Lancashire

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Lemne

Hello from Lancashire

Post by Lemne »

Hi everyone. We came through Covid ok as I had read what might come so was prepared. The thing that took me by surprise was the unrest and riots/protests afterwards. If that had continued and escalated then we would have been looking at a whole different situation. That made me think that I would like to be a little more prepared. So that's where I start.
jansman

Re: Hello from Lancashire

Post by jansman »

Welcome to the forum
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum, I'm glad you've got to this point in good order.

You raise a really important point, about when two problems happen simultaneously: there have been two this week, one in East London where the crane collapsed and a couple of dozen people had to spend the night in a community centre (!) and in Japan, where, numerically much more intense, there's bad flooding, thousands of people evacuated https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/ ... ds-rescue/.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Hi and welcome.

Absolutely expect multiple crises to hit simultaneously. It seems to be the way of the world that 'perfect storm' events happen and are the most troublesome.

As to civil unrest: I'm surprised we haven't had much, so far. Sort of expecting it as virus fatigue and financial stress kick in, nationally and globally. We already see pockets of it in the USA.
Expecting someone to start an opportunist war, which can then get out of hand. :tinfoil

Carry on prepping. This is a dress rehearsal.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome, glad you made it so far and have decided to make sure you make it through the next challenge too - whatever that may be. Most of us like the idea of being ready for whatever hiccup, large or small, that life throws at us whilst hoping it never does. being prepared for nothing is not a waste of time, especially when nothing seldom lasts long.
Son Of Andrew

Post by Son Of Andrew »

Welcome!

You've definitely come to the right place. There's an awesome crowd here, and you'll find loads of info.

All the best,
M.
=0)
Fortune Favours The Prepared.