Hi from an old catswhisker

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Catswhiskers

Hi from an old catswhisker

Post by Catswhiskers »

Where to start? I'm female, probably a lot older than most of you and living in Norther Ireland. I hope to find a few sensible, level-headed Preppers here. I began "storing" more than 25 years ago before I had heard of Preppers. I hope to get many hints and tips from some of you who have tried out the theory. Cat
pseudonym

Re: Hi from an old catswhisker

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum Missus, I hope you find it useful. What kind of thing are you anticipating ?
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

You're probably not older than me, cat :mrgreen: Hi!
whenfires

Post by whenfires »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Twitter: @whenfires
Disclaimer: May contain Amazon affiliate links harmful to wealth
Catswhiskers

Post by Catswhiskers »

Thank you one and all. I feel quite at home already!
I started storing weekly shop type stuff...pasta, baked beans etc. Then I made up a 72 hour emergency kit to fit a large back pack, good sleeping bag, inflatable mattress, dry sock n plastic bags in case shoes got wet, small stove, small tent.. just basics. Going on the "shelter/water, heat/food theory. Cans are heavy so I substituted army ration packs. At home I have gone freezedried, more sensible and takes less space and doesn't need rotated. In an emergency if I met a rabbit I would be offering to share my food, couldn't harm it. The "Food for Free" book is good re foraging.
I have been camping in the past but that is a different ball game entirely. I watched a couple of TV programs about Preppers. Some are sensible, some nut cases. I won't have an underground container with air con and bunks but wonder if groups would be better than loners?? It just helps to know there are others who don't have their heads up their fundaments regarding the things that lie ahead. If you have any suggestions about equipment or experiences to share, I would be grateful to hear them. Got my eye on an old camper van right now. Reckon that would be more use than an ISA :lol:
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome to the forum. Hope you find what you need here, there are lots of good people willing to answer questions and help any way they can.
Catswhiskers wrote:Got my eye on an old camper van right now. Reckon that would be more use than an ISA
Couldn't agree more! :lol:
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

hi cat, i'm a newbie, so we're probably in same boat, i've been a prepper for about 9 months, but like you said, have always stored up on things, before i even realised about prepping,