Would I consider myself to be a Prepper?

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Code_Black007

Would I consider myself to be a Prepper?

Post by Code_Black007 »

Hi everyone,

Thanks for this forum and group.

I have always been interested in self sufficiency.. I have some bush craft and military experience. I have always wondered what if? What if.. A solar flare (CME) What if economic mega crash? What if foreign invasion? What if catastrophic natural disaster? What is major bio threat or pandemic? What if rule of law and society breaks down completely? What if I couldn't go to the supermarket because shelves are empty? We often see on a bank holiday or a one day fuel strike massive queues.. All of this got me thinking to my original statement, self sufficiency.

All of the above occur on a daily basis around the world, is it too hard to imagine that a major emergency could possibly happen in the UK?
I am both fascinated by and secure in the knowledge that I would be able to survive alone without support from government or local authorities in the event of one or more of the above disasters. This said.. Prepping alone is not the best prep I am here to meet other law abiding and like minded conscientious individuals, in the hope of forming strategic alliances and learning more about survival techniques and challenges.

Kind Regards,
Code_Black007
pseudonym

Re: Would I consider myself to be a Prepper?

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome :)

Emergencies R Us, absolutely - though I'd also count the minor ones, they're bad enough. My house flooded 20 years ago during a flash storm, a blocked grid uphill led the water straight to my living room - clearing that up and recovering the situation felt like a major emergency, I can tell you :shock:

Of the big stuff you mention, I've been especially wary of a pandemic, because I'm self employed in a congested part of the country and I have work appointments at home, but I'm changing my situation soon, so it won't be as vulnerable.

Preps are good! And as you say, there's also alliances and techniques. Even better!
Code_Black007

Post by Code_Black007 »

Thanks to all.. For a warm welcome.. :D

I'll continue to read posts and learn. It's good to know they're are others who have realistic concerns and are preparing for the worst, whilst living for the best!
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome to the forum
Code_Black007

Post by Code_Black007 »

Thanks