New member: Angus, Scotland. Newish Prepper.

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
11thhourdad

Re: New member: Angus, Scotland. Newish Prepper.

Post by 11thhourdad »

I think you've just expanded your social circle.

Welcome to the community.
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

A thought occurred to me whe I read the part of the post about making a fishing pole when you mentioned licenses, I'm sure a home made rod or pole would count as a rod in the eyes of the law so would need one, but the license is specifically called a rod license, and mentions a rod and line, so if you were using a hobo fishing kit or some other handline I wonder if that would count as you're not using a rod, the licenses are fairly cheap so it's probably worth having one anyway, but it would seem that if you follow the rules to the letter you wouldn't need one.

Not suggesting anyone fishes without a licence since this is pretty much arguing a technicality, just wondering if that's a loophole that the people that made the rules haven't thought of....
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

We've got plenty fishermen on here who would know better but if its 'NO FISHING' I would have thought that would cover the lot including 'guddling'.
TheWolfXX

Post by TheWolfXX »

11thhourdad wrote:guddling
I think it may be a community I enjoy being a part of judging by the warm welcome. Some other corners of the internet are not as kind, nor forgiving lol.
Jamesey1981 wrote:A thought occurred to me whe I read the part of the post about making a fishing pole when you mentioned licenses, I'm sure a home made rod or pole would count as a rod in the eyes of the law so would need one, but the license is specifically called a rod license, and mentions a rod and line, so if you were using a hobo fishing kit or some other handline I wonder if that would count as you're not using a rod, the licenses are fairly cheap so it's probably worth having one anyway, but it would seem that if you follow the rules to the letter you wouldn't need one.

Not suggesting anyone fishes without a licence since this is pretty much arguing a technicality, just wondering if that's a loophole that the people that made the rules haven't thought of....
https://www.gov.uk/fishing-licences/whe ... -a-licence
https://www.gov.uk/freshwater-rod-fishing-rules
Those links are all I can find (at a quick glance) on the gov.uk website that doesn't almost immediately refer you back to a fishing rod license as soon as you aren't hunting. I'm going to presume anything that looks like a "rod" is classed as a rod lol (obviously I too would still go buy a fishing license because I simply do not wish the hassle).
Deeps wrote:We've got plenty fishermen on here who would know better but if its 'NO FISHING' I would have thought that would cover the lot including 'guddling'.
I love learning new words and had no idea that catching a fish by hand was known as guddling. That's awesome.
Sun Tzu - "[01.19] Many calculations mean victory; few calculations mean no victory; then how much worse when there are no calculations? From this perspective I can clearly predict victory or defeat."
Arbroathprepper

Post by Arbroathprepper »

Hello, fellow Angus prepper here just registered with the forum where in Angus are you
This is my air rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine
TheWolfXX

Post by TheWolfXX »

Arbroathprepper wrote:Hello, fellow Angus prepper here just registered with the forum where in Angus are you
I'm in Brechin so not far from you at all if your ID location is valid. Hello :) I'm Brechins mental englishman lol. Always happy to help if I can. I'm keen with electronics and most crafts. Have a welder and grinder sat here too so there's not a lot that can't be done :D

Sorry about lengthy waits in replies. I often get a bit caught up in things and in between learning everything I'm learning and doing everything I'm doing can be a bit difficult to get to such social frivolities as this.
Sun Tzu - "[01.19] Many calculations mean victory; few calculations mean no victory; then how much worse when there are no calculations? From this perspective I can clearly predict victory or defeat."
shocker

Post by shocker »

In England at least, the E.A guys dont care if you have a handline, a net or a spoon on a stick - if you are "going equipped to fish" they will have you. And, England again, they have powers of arrest (at least they think they do) and the fines are hefty. Ergo they now wear Stab Vests. :?
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Same up here in river Tweed country, they're dangerous folk to mess with. My son got caught once when he was about 13, the sods hauled him into their landrover then threw him out onto a midden. If I'd known who they were I'd have stuffed his smelly clothes through their damn letterbox :mrgreen:
shocker

Post by shocker »

Rotten sods. just what I would expect from them, jumped up little hitlers. :twisted:

When I was a River Keeper for a while, they were never available when the organised poaching gangs were working the river. Just me and the local butcher, Steve, the other Keeper vs. Devons finest chav crims. :?

Mind you, a butcher and a pig farmer...there were definitely possibilities...I wont elaborate for reasons of taste. And sanity. :shock: :lol:
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Michael said when he got caught they came rolling silently down the hill in a black range rover without lights and they were wearing night vis helmets and goggles... a lot of big money being spent there eh :shock: