Hi Yorkshire newbie

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
aldhelm

Hi Yorkshire newbie

Post by aldhelm »

Hi,

I've been lurking in the background for a few days now and like what I've seen. I'm new to prepping I usually pick up a few extras when my dismal pay packet allows (how long can a person survive on baked beans?), but so far I've not had either the ideas or knowledge of where to start properly.

The ideas I've picked up just in the last few days has made me stop, look and think, and I reckon thats as good a place to start as any. I've already started putting a 'boot box' together, for the coming winter chaos on our roads. Oh and a wind up lantern for the possible power cuts, see I'm getting there slowly.

One idea I did have was a thread for bargain buys, I don't know if there is one yet but I'll have a look round it's probably already in existence somewhere.

Just got to get the wife on board now, that'll be a long term project though :)
hobo

Re: Hi Yorkshire newbie

Post by hobo »

Welcome!
Good luck with your OH, it took us both to be hospitalised a few months apart before the penny dropped for her. Before that she just thought I was paranoid (which I am). Now she's talking about extending our 'food bank' (her term for emergency food preps).
tigs

Post by tigs »

welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
Wulfshead

Post by Wulfshead »

Welcome to the forum and hope you keep enjoying what you see.

Wulfshead
Area 4 Coordinator

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.