Hello from Penistone, South Yorkshire

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
TinfoilHat

Hello from Penistone, South Yorkshire

Post by TinfoilHat »

I have been interested in prepping etc. for a very long time, but at the moment have neither the space or the spare money.
My other half dismisses any attempt of prepping or discussions of planning as paranoia, so I am kind of fighting a battle!

I am very frustrated as we have children and I see it as our responsibility to ensure our family is safe and as prepared as possible if one day SHTF.

I am looking forward to learning lots as a member here.
preppingsu

Re: Hello from Penistone, South Yorkshire

Post by preppingsu »

Hello and welcome.

Some of us have had partners who were not on board. I always talked about prepping for things like bad weather, ill health, unemployment etc.

After a spell of erratic work he could see the benefits and even suggested I get more food in over the summer when the world was looking a bit rough!

As regards storage it's amazing where you can store things. We do have a thread about storage issues, it'll be worth a read.
TinfoilHat

Post by TinfoilHat »

Thanks for that!

I started a conversation this morning about when we collect our new car in a couple of weeks, I think it might be a good idea to have an emergency kit with spare clothes, blankets etc just in case we get stuck in a Blizzard or similar...to my surprise he said "What, like a bug out bag kind of thing?"
Wow, I was flabbergasted!

I said, yes, that's the kind of thing I was thinking about - then he started talking about things he had read about companies building shelters and bunkers being sold...I just nodded my head and made encouraging noises, not letting on that l have already been checking those things out.

Maybe if I let him feel like it is all his great idea, we might get some prepping done. :-)
TinfoilHat

Post by TinfoilHat »

Could I ask, please, if I have my area number correct?
I saw someone have AREA 8 in their signature and their location was near to me.

Also, are these areas "Standardised" and known by ALL Prepper forums/groups or just specific to this forum only?

Thanks!
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

TinfoilHat wrote:Could I ask, please, if I have my area number correct?
I saw someone have AREA 8 in their signature and their location was near to me.

Also, are these areas "Standardised" and known by ALL Prepper forums/groups or just specific to this forum only?

Thanks!
The area are just on this forum

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1989

Things are slightly out of date and I hope to do some updating this week while on half term!
TinfoilHat

Post by TinfoilHat »

Thankyou, that's really helpful.
tigs

Post by tigs »

welcome to the forum

your near to me so check my sig :D
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Welcome to the forum, tonnes of info here and a bunch of very knowledgeable active users.

Get stuck in and get learning.
Area 8.

"Better to have and not need, than to need and not have"