Why?

UK Preppers introduction and forum rules
KrisWard

Re: Why?

Post by KrisWard »

Scablifter, WOW that is so scary you were able to pull that up. I have heard about these things but never seen it in practice. You have some serious skills there my friend!
Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Never use the same username twice Kris, and if you do choose something that will return thousands and thousands of search results like Ford Mondeo or Trainspotter or...........

If you think what Scablifter lifted from the internet is impresive you should see what the Government (many different Governments in fact) can lift.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me. :D :o :o
ticklemonkey

Post by ticklemonkey »

I'D Like to think the forum educates all. If everyone prepped I would be happier and my taxes should, I repeat, should be less :lol: .

Interest is good, the word should get out there IMHO, obviously ensuring Opsec, of course :D .

Happy holidays everyone!
ticklemonkey

Post by ticklemonkey »

Whoops
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

ticklemonkey wrote:I'D Like to think the forum educates all. If everyone prepped I would be happier and my taxes should, I repeat, should be less :lol: .

Interest is good, the word should get out there IMHO, obviously ensuring Opsec, of course :D .

Happy holidays everyone!

I agree someone has to start somewhere.. Got to remember some "kids" are better than some adults at prepping a few have been in the Scouts/ Guides or been in the army Cadet force or equivalent ...

I started camping at about 12 years old so picked a fair bit of knowledge up as a kid (not all good i found countless ways to upset caravan owners who seemed to think they were far superior to anyone in a tent) :twisted: bread on the roof anyone? :D

Got to remember at 15 years old collage or university isnt too far away for some living away from home for the first time nice to have some preps in place and learn how to err make home brew :ugeek:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

He's too young to be here for one, and it does highlight how disconnected from the realities and essential chores of life, living with parents (and I hold my hand up here I have always done stuff myself because it's quicker than having others "help") brings, so the why should I prep question for those who have the luxury of still being looked after needs the simple answer " for the same reason you (hopefully) learned to wipe your own arse.... there's no guarantee someone else is going to insulate you from life's ups and down's for the rest of your life.

Let's give an simple example :- The Nat West banking glitch meant that some people didn't get paid, and those who were the type who lived on take away with empty cupboards would have been desperate and hungry quickly... we wouldn't.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

However, whatever we think about young people sometimes being more prepared than their parents etc etc etc he is underage according to the forum rules.

Topic locked.