Recruiting in Coventry

UK Preppers introduction and forum rules
survivorZ

Recruiting in Coventry

Post by survivorZ »

We are a small group of preppers located in the Coventry area, we are currently looking to expand our group of add strength and up our chances. We are open to talk to anyone who is interested but mainly anyone with any prepping knowledge or skills that they think they could bring please note that we are preppers and expect you to be the same and not just want to sit and talk about it without actually making any contribution.
Briggs

Re: Recruiting in Coventry

Post by Briggs »

Thank you for the very kind invitation, let me think about it and I'll get back to you.

Edit: I've had a sit down to think and I'm sure I'd just be a burden.
I recently experienced Plymouth City centre so that's why I prep.
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

If you are a small group, you probably have a fair number of skills already at hand.

How many do you have, what are their ages, jobs, levels of experience.

what skills do you lack?

what is your ideology, namely what are you preparing for? what do you think is going to happen and why?

and why aren't you looking locally (adverts in military surplus shops windows etc) rather than in a forum that is viewed by people all across the world?
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

survivorZ wrote:please note that we are preppers and expect you to be the same and not just want to sit and talk about it without actually making any contribution.
I actually read that and thought what a rude comment. Perhaps if you took time getting to know people on the forum, being an active member and maybe sharing some of your expertise then we could see what sort of group you belong to.

And no thank, I don't want to join it. :evil:
Briggs

Post by Briggs »

preppingsu wrote:
survivorZ wrote:please note that we are preppers and expect you to be the same and not just want to sit and talk about it without actually making any contribution.
I actually read that and thought what a rude comment. Perhaps if you took time getting to know people on the forum, being an active member and maybe sharing some of your expertise then we could see what sort of group you belong to.

Are you sure you don't want to join, don't be hasty. I reckon we should sit down and talk about it first....
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Briggs wrote:
preppingsu wrote:

Are you sure you don't want to join, don't be hasty. I reckon we should sit down and talk about it first....
I may be indecisive about which chocolate bar to buy but I am pretty certain on this decision 8-)
survivorZ

Post by survivorZ »

preppingsu wrote:

And no thank, I don't want to join it. :evil:[/q

joining or not is your choice but I am not here to hold peoples hands I need to make sure the people watching my back wont fall at the first hurdle as I know they will expect the same from me.
survivorZ

Post by survivorZ »

Briggs wrote:
preppingsu wrote:

hi Briggs I see you have showed interest just wandering what kind of skills or knowledge you have so don't be too quick to say you would be a bourdon everyone has a role to play in our group.
survivorZ

Post by survivorZ »

nickdutch wrote:If you are a small group, you probably have a fair number of skills already at hand.

How many do you have, what are their ages, jobs, levels of experience.

what skills do you lack?

what is your ideology, namely what are you preparing for? what do you think is going to happen and why?

and why aren't you looking locally (adverts in military surplus shops windows etc) rather than in a forum that is viewed by people all across the world?
The ages of our group range from as young as 15 to as high as 43, for the post part our group are physically fit and all have a range of skills from first aid, handy man and animal care and security. As for what we are prepping for depends on the person but with each person the social collapse that comes after the initial issue.
Briggs

Post by Briggs »

skills wise, well I've watched all the doomsday prepper shows and noted how they score at the end of the show and I reckon my survival time would be two to three days. Less booze and fags, more beans and toilet paper I think!

Defence is a concern for me so I've signed up for paintballing and airsoftness day to get some skills. I'm going to buy one of those knife fork spoon things at the weekend.

How are you and your team prepping?