Hello

UK Preppers introduction and forum rules
Dingo

Hello

Post by Dingo »

Good afternoon.

Came across the whole 'prepper' thing after researching a new tent on the interweb; amazing how one link leads to another to another and so on!
Anyway, I have found this whole thing fascinating, and it has really resounded with how I see the world around me, and, I have realised that actually, I've been a prepper for ages, without really knowing it! Time to make it more deliberate and focussed.
I hope to contribute as much as I receive, if not more!!

Dingo.
Someone somewhere should do something!
MiniMikey

Re: Hello

Post by MiniMikey »

Hello and welcome :)
Area 3
Quercus-robur

Post by Quercus-robur »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I was the same. I started through camping and enjoying the outdoors. I had a BOL without realising it and increased my own knowledge base just out of interest. I started to watch videos and read articles on prepping and realised I was already one. I think there a lot of people out there who are preppers without realising it.

Qr
Area 9 Coordinator and Resident

'At Spes Infracta'

'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore'.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.:)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
tigs

Post by tigs »

welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
benmore123

Post by benmore123 »

Hello all,
Just joined the site and read through a few of the posts. I was drawn to the one regarding fire lighting. It reminds me of a time when I was working in Canada in the oil industry. Sometimes it was required to fly to another station. This meant flying over mountains and wilderness. Mostly we were accompanied by a native Inuit or Eskimo. These guys were experts in survival and could handle themselves in these conditions.
They always carried with them a couple of cheap gas lighters and said they were the best for lighting fires. No rubbing sticks together for these guys
benmore
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

benmore123 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:52 am Hello all,
Just joined the site and read through a few of the posts. I was drawn to the one regarding fire lighting. It reminds me of a time when I was working in Canada in the oil industry. Sometimes it was required to fly to another station. This meant flying over mountains and wilderness. Mostly we were accompanied by a native Inuit or Eskimo. These guys were experts in survival and could handle themselves in these conditions.
They always carried with them a couple of cheap gas lighters and said they were the best for lighting fires. No rubbing sticks together for these guys
benmore
Welcome to the forum, can you post a quick intro in the 'New Members Start Here' section.