to the administrator

UK Preppers introduction and forum rules
dermotduffy1974

to the administrator

Post by dermotduffy1974 »

Why can't I join this forum I am finding this very annoying thought this was genuine yet again another let down just sick of wannabes online
Plymtom

Re: to the administrator

Post by Plymtom »

Well your here why don't you try an intro now :)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
scoobie

to the administrator

Post by scoobie »

Ummmm but you *have* joined?!

I'm confused as to what the problem is?
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

dermotduffy1974 wrote:Why can't I join this forum I am finding this very annoying thought this was genuine yet again another let down just sick of wannabes online

Yayyyy, way to introduce yourself to the Forum. :mrgreen:

New members have to get their introduction and first 10 posts approved, this allows the Moderators to assess and filter the moody, grumpy, spamming trolls from the members who wish to contribute to the Forum.

This is stated here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2137

HTH
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
TonyAge

Post by TonyAge »

pseudonym wrote: New members have to get their introduction and first 10 posts approved, this allows the Moderators to assess and filter the moody, grumpy, spamming trolls from the members who wish to contribute to the Forum.

This is stated here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2137
When I joined, I understood the "moderated" concept, from using forums before. I wonder, though, if it is clear to everyone - perhaps what happens could be expanded upon - in particular there will be a delay in posting something and it actually appearing some while later.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

TonyAge wrote:
pseudonym wrote: New members have to get their introduction and first 10 posts approved, this allows the Moderators to assess and filter the moody, grumpy, spamming trolls from the members who wish to contribute to the Forum.

This is stated here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2137
When I joined, I understood the "moderated" concept, from using forums before. I wonder, though, if it is clear to everyone - perhaps what happens could be expanded upon - in particular there will be a delay in posting something and it actually appearing some while later.
I would have thought information was perfectly clear. I would never assume that if my first posts on a forum are going to have to be approved that this would be done instantaneously. A short delay in this process also assists the mods because it weeds out the impetious, bad tempered individuals who are generally the type to run their mouth off - not people that we really want as members of this community.
TonyAge

Post by TonyAge »

itsybitsy wrote:
TonyAge wrote:

This is stated here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2137
I would have thought information was perfectly clear. I would never assume that if my first posts on a forum are going to have to be approved that this would be done instantaneously. A short delay in this process also assists the mods because it weeds out the impetious, bad tempered individuals who are generally the type to run their mouth off - not people that we really want as members of this community.
But it doesn't actually mention "approved" AFAICS - it says "Your first 10 posts will be moderated".

If you are new to using forums, "moderated" might not mean very much to you.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

TonyAge wrote: But it doesn't actually mention "approved" AFAICS - it says "Your first 10 posts will be moderated".

If you are new to using forums, "moderated" might not mean very much to you.
scoobie wrote:We've had a number of new members recently so I wanted to clarify a few points for all posts and PM's.

1. Keep it legal
2. Keep it prepping orientated
3. Keep it relevant and factual
4. Keep it friendly and polite
5. You must be aged 18 or over to use this site.
6. Please make an intro post for your first post. Just a short paragraph and tell us a bit about you, why you're here etc. No personal details necessary!
7. PLEASE make an effort with spelling and punctuation. This means text speak, and gibberish will not be tolerated.
8. Your first 10 posts will be moderated, posts in the introduction threads do not count toward your post count. We are also wanting more than just single word replies to posts. This is to ensure this is the right forum for you, as well as ensuring you are right for the forum.

Posts which are way outside this will be removed without warning.

Repeat offenders will be banned.

Don't like the rules? You're free to leave!

Need anything clarifying before you post? PM a mod. (myself, diamond lil, preppingsu and itsybitsy)

This may sound harsh but my easy going attitude has been stretched somewhat recently!

Thanks for your understanding :)
Pretty straight forward to me. And I'm a numbnuts in regards to Computertrickery :mrgreen:

Thread locked as OP question has been resolved.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.